Help build the Netlify platform that powers millions of sites for over 700,000 companies and developers. Netlify is unique because we seamlessly combine a CI/CD workflow with a global deployment environment that spans every major cloud provider. Creating an easy experience for our customers (push to Git and your site is live!) offers tremendous challenges and opportunities for anyone interested in modern, automated infrastructure. Here you can work on advanced platform technologies at massive scale in an automation first, small-team environment.
We’re a venture-backed company, and so far we've raised about $45 million from Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Bloomberg, and prominent founders and professionals in our space.
Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~40% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
Some of the challenges you’ll be working on:
- Build reliable microservices that are deployed into our Kubernetes cluster.
- Design and implement globally distributed, latency sensitive, high throughput services.
- Architect scalable solutions to accommodate the rapid user growth.
To be effective in this role, you’ll benefit from experience in:
- Compiled programming languages, we use Go and C++.
- Systems performance and analysis.
- Web and CDN technologies.
- Internet standards like HTTP, DNS, and TLS.
- Linux containers. We use Docker and Kubernetes.
- Provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure.
- Being part of a weekly on-call rotation.
Competencies that we value in candidates:
- You’re able to design and implement fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- You enjoy helping and mentoring other engineers to grow.
- You can focus on key priorities and pragmatic solutions.
- You can adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
Of everything we've ever built at Netlify, we are most proud of our team.
We believe that empowered, engaged colleagues do their best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions to improve not just in your daily job, but every aspect of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—paring, collaborating, debating, and learning. We want you to succeed! About 60% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco.
To learn a bit more about our team and who we are, make sure to visit our about page.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.