We’re a venture-backed company, and so far we've raised ~$45M from Andreessen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins, Bloomberg, and prominent founders and professionals in our space.
Some of the challenges you’ll be working on:
- Build reliable microservices that are deployed into our Kubernetes cluster.
- Design and implement globally distributed, latency sensitive, high throughput services.
- Architect scalable solutions to accommodate the rapid user growth.
To be effective in this role, you’ll benefit from experience in:
- Compiled programming languages, we use Go and C++.
- Systems performance, analysis, and
- Web and CDN technologies.
- Internet standards like HTTP, DNS, and TLS.
- Linux containers. We use Docker and Kubernetes.
- Provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure.
- Being part of a weekly on-call rotation.
Competencies that we value in candidates:
- You’re able to design and implement fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- You enjoy helping and mentoring other engineers to grow.
- You can focus on key priorities and pragmatic solutions.
- You can adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
About the team
The engineering team is small but mighty; Netlify is a fast-growing startup. You will be working across the company: with our founders, designers, support, sales, and marketers. We need people who can help us build a path towards the future. To learn more about our team and who we are click here.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.
About 55% of the company are remote across the globe, the rest are in our HQ in San Francisco. However to maintain a distributed culture we have Tuesdays and Thursdays as work from home days.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and equity. We encourage you to speak at conferences and will pay your attendance costs as you represent Netlify at these events.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
With your application, please include: A thoughtful cover letter explaining why you would enjoy working in this role and why you’d like to work at Netlify. A resume or short listing of job history. (A link to a LinkedIn profile would be fine.)
When we receive your complete application with the items above, we’ll get back to you about the next steps.