NetEnt was recently awarded Best place to work withing igaming. Now we are strengthening our Legal department with a Legal Counsel for our Malta office, reporting to General Counsel located in Gibraltar.
Work task as our new Legal Counsel:
- Advising local management team on legal risk and strategy in relation to various business activities including commercial contracts, customer disputes and regulatory matters.
- Advising local management team on compliance with laws and regulations in relation to Maltese legal requirements.
- Drafting, negotiating and managing the core business agreements of the NetEnt group. This requires a combination of commercial and legal understanding so as to help the NetEnt sales team to license NetEnt games to new and existing customers within sometimes demanding timescales.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on key intellectual property licensing deals to procure compelling games content, patents, trade marks and designs for inclusion in NetEnt games portfolio.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating supplier contracts for various NetEnt group subsidiaries in a variety of locations.
- Providing legal and regulatory support to ensure that the company and its operations comply with the rules and regulations of the jurisdictions where it holds remote gaming licenses (including Gibraltar, Alderney, Spain, UK, Belgium, New Jersey, Romania), supported by the company’s Compliance Officers.
- Advising on the legal and regulatory risk involved in offering of gaming content to a variety of markets including emerging markets where gaming legislation may not yet have fully matured.
- Maintaining records of group insurance policies, negotiating and reviewing renewal cover, completing and co-ordinating renewal proposal applications and overseeing relationships with group insurance brokers.
Area of responsibility:
- Negotiating NetEnt standard software licensing agreement with prospective clients and preparing variations to new agreements for renewals or addition of complementary product lines.
- Preparing and improving internal template agreements to streamline process for concluding standard contracts within efficient timeframes.
- Educating internal stakeholders including Account Mangers and Sales team in the key legal and commercial concerns to negotiate and address when negotiating with and contracting with external parties.
- Advising on terms of a contract in the event of contractual disputes with customers and/or suppliers.
- Advising on and managing consumer complaint escalations and potential litigation.
- Reviewing various types of contracts and advising on potential solutions for managing commercial risk, regulatory compliance, exposure to warranties and indemnities, litigation etc.
- Providing support to Finance team on intercompany agreements and corporate governance related tasks, such as for example preparations for board meetings and other statutory governance of the Malta group entities as well as other sister companies in relevant jurisdictions.
- Providing internal support and case co-ordination in the event of disputes and litigation.
- Researching gaming legislation and regulation in various jurisdictions around the world and making appropriate recommendations to the Compliance department and senior management. NetEnt is constantly appraising new product and territorial expansion opportunities due to the fact the online gaming and gambling industry is still evolving at a fast pace. With the assistance of external local counsel a successful candidate will be required to keep abreast of existing gaming regulation in a wide variety of jurisdictions.
- Providing internal staff training and support in relation to various legal issues that may be of interest to the business.
Who we are looking for:
- You have 4 to 8 years of post-qualified legal experience, preferably with experience of working in an in-house legal environment.
- You must hold legal qualification and have practiced English Law, Maltese law or law of another Common Law jurisdiction.
- Excellent understanding of English language commercial contracts and software licensing.
- Gaming Law experience preferred but we would also consider applicants from other fast paced tech company backgrounds.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to work on multiple projects to a high standard simultaneously.
- Excellent negotiation skills, a clear communicator.
We look forward receiving your application!