About the position
The Events Manager will be responsible for planning and executing all customer facing events that are organised by the Marketing team, both locally in Malta and abroad. Type of events include trade-shows, award-shows, sponsorship of conferences, game launches and relationship building activities for our customers.
During events, you will be present and interacting with both customers and suppliers. It is therefore essential to be a great communicator and have a well-groomed and professional appearance.
Some travel activity to be expected in relation to both planning and executing the scheduled events.
The Events Manager will report directly to the Marketing Manager in Malta.
Who are you?
This role requires a highly organised individual who can think on their feet and keep a level head under pressure. Ideal candidate will be able to constructively manage budgets, deadlines as well as different groups of suppliers to ensure an efficient and high quality delivery.We are looking for a candidate who has strong work ethic complemented by a positive, energetic can-do attitude. You must have a high level of initiative combined with a high level of discipline to execute and deliver. Outstanding communication skills and ability to work with many internal stakeholders simultaneously towards a common goal is essential. To do a great job, you must be highly structured and have an organized approach towards projects and daily tasks.
Experience and Knowledge
• 5 years of event management experience
• Local knowledge of venues
• Great budget and time management skills
• Proven experience of delivering high profile events to a strict timeline and within budget
• Proven understanding of event/exhibition production requirements, from a creative, logistics and delivery perspective
• Solid experience of working with creative and production teams to deliver event/exhibition projects
• Exceptional (and proven) planning and organisational skills
• Solid knowledge of excel/word/powerpoint
• Working knowledge of Audio/Visual equipment and ability to communicate technical requirements to suppliers
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to build relationships with other departments, colleagues and agencies
• Personable and outgoing nature