NetEnt (part of Evolution Group) is a leading provider of premium gaming solutions to the world´s most successful online casino operators. We have been a true pioneer in driving the market with our thrilling games powered by our cutting-edge platform.
At Evolution we want to revolutionize online gaming. As part of this mission, we are now looking for a skilled QA engineer with strong knowledge and interest in the field of audio, to create the future sound experience for browser-based gaming, and beyond.
You will be working as part of a newly formed self-driven team to help empower our inhouse team of Sound Designers and assist them in creating a AAA sound experience. You will be developing and maintaining our proprietary sound engine as well as explore future technologies for cutting-edge online sound playback and manipulation.
As a QA Engineer you are part of a cross functional development team within our Stockholm engineering hub, driving testing for high quality and contributing to design.
Your main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manual and automated testing of proprietary sound engine used for games and game related features.
- Whitebox product testing and root cause analysis.
- Test planning and effort estimation.
- Writing, executing & maintaining test cases and checklists.
- Bug and defect handling, analyzing deviations between the defined and the actual functional behavior and reporting bugs.
- Participation in release process.
- Mentoring team in best QA practices.
To thrive in this role, it is important that you enjoy working in an agile, dynamic environment. You have a can-do mentality and actively contribute to our team spirit through high communication skills. You are self-motivated, proactive and flexible. You are prone to take own initiatives and enjoy working independently as well as in our team.
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate shares our vision that quality is key priority. Your skills and approach will contribute to our tradition of building and maintaining high-quality games. You have a strong interest in sound and music and want to work with improving the sound experience we deliver to the player. Maybe you play a musical instrument or produce music.
- Proficiency in a wide stack of software testing activities, ranging from functional, regression as well as whitebox (unit testing, code debugging)
- Mobile and cross-browser testing experience
- Practical experience in managing QA activities and writing test documentation
- Experience and understanding of source control (such as Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Experience in Confluence, Jira
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
- University degree in Computer science or similar
- Automated front-end testing
- Experience in Jenkins or similar continuous integration tools
- Experience in music performance or production
- Experience in game development
- Experience in Web Audio
What are we offering?
A fantastic office located in the city center of Stockholm with amazing colleagues. We are a driven, multi-cultural company at the forefront of the gambling industry. As a member of our awesome team, you will become part of an atmosphere of hard work, (side by side with game nights and pool and table tennis tournaments.)
Apply right away, we’re processing applications as soon as they arrive. We look forward to hearing from you!
START: Right away
LOCATION: Stockholm, Sweden
JOB HOURS: Full-time