NetEnt brand is now part of the Evolution Engineering, and we are looking for passionate Audio Developers to work with our proprietary Audio Engine!
What is this position about?
At Evolution we want to revolutionise online gaming. As part of this mission, we are now looking for skilled developers with strong knowledge and interest in the field of audio, to create the future sound for browser-based gaming, and beyond.
You will be working as part of a newly formed self-driven team to help empower our inhouse team of Sound Designers and assist them in delivering a AAA sound experience. You will be developing and maintaining our proprietary audio engine as well as explore future technologies for cutting-edge online sound playback and manipulation.
Who are you?
You view yourself as a positive, creative and fearless person who loves to push the limits, try new things and feel comfortable with speaking your mind. You have extensive knowledge of sound basics and probably play a music instrument or produce your own music in your free time. You take a lot of pride in your work, willing to grasp and maintain focus on the big picture and to think ahead. You are a team player, willing to share your knowledge and learn from your colleagues, while enjoying a dynamic and creative environment.
What will be your responsibilities:
- Develop game tools with focus on performance, maintainability, and quality
- Create reusable code and libraries with a customer usability focus
- Identify and resolve development problems
- Investigate new tech
- Being the voice of the team in technical forums
- Collaborate with the team and other stakeholders
Some skills required:
- Experience in TypeScript (or similar, such as C# or Java)
- Experience and interest in code quality practices
- Knowledge of sound and music theory and practices
- Experience in WebAudio and/or WebAssembly is a bonus
- Experience in UI design is a bonus
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- A healthy mix of startup-like culture of the company, which will enable you to try new approaches and technologies and remain on the edge of technological development and enterprise, with stability and supporting functions to help you focus on your job
- Business recognition, which translates to competitive salaries and a supportive attitude
- Developing games state-of-the- art gaming solutions, serving customers around the world
- Modern and developer-friendly delivery processes, including Agile (Scrum / Kanban), JIRA issue tracking, Confluence wiki, Jenkins continuous integration and delivery, modern hardware and software for development (an IDE of your choice)
- Being a part of an international team in a successful, publicly traded company
- Health insurance, contemporary office environment, and other benefits and perks.
If you want to be part of our journey in our office in central Stockholm, feel free to apply with your CV or LinkedIn profile and we’ll arrange a first meeting! Please note that we are primarily looking for candidates that have a work visa for EU, and is based in Stockholm or planning to move there in the near future.
START: Right away
LOCATION: Stockholm, Sweden
JOB HOURS: Full-time