NetEnt is a leading provider of premium gaming solutions to the world´s most successful online casino operators. We have been a true pioneer in driving the market with our thrilling games powered by our cutting-edge platform.
Come and join the NetEnt journey!
What´s the deal?
Do you enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic and fast-moving environment with quality, agility, and creativity as your drivers? Then you may be our future star! Our biggest and most important assets are our teams of highly skilled and motivated employees. Our agile development teams are home to a variety of different skills, nationalities, and personalities.
We have one thing in common though – the passion to succeed together.
About the Role
We are searching for passionate Scala Engineers. We thrive in well-designed, scalable, systems which use modern functional programming based design approaches. We believe that the functional programming approach in Scala results in systems which are easier to build and maintain - we use modern, pragmatic approaches such as Tagless Final and libraries such as Cats and Cats Effect to achieve this.
You will need to:
- Be proactive, pragmatic and professional, deliver results;
- Write code that make our games and related functionality run;
- Write unit and other automated tests;
- Work and communicate efficiently with the rest of the development team, including PO, front-end developers and designers;
- Actively participate in code reviews so that code delivered by you and your team is of great quality;
- Own your applications, ensure they deploy and run 24/7 on our Kubernetes platform with great performance;
- Be ready to invest the effort to become an even better developer;
To succeed in this role you should have:
- Passion for our profession, in particular Scala and Functional Programming, and improving yourself technically
- Proven experience in delivering production software using Scala or comparable experience, such as extensive JVM or Haskell experience
- Interest in the latest programming trends such as functional and reactive programming
- Excellent communication skills and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent.
We will appreciate:
- Experience building high performance clustered systems, modular FP-based architecture, as well as actor systems, where they are necessary;
- Experience in Cats / Scalaz, Cats Effect, ZIO, Monix, Akka Actors, Persistence, Cluster & HTTP, http4s, Tagless Final and/or Scala.js.
- Experience with Event Sourcing & CQRS;
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra.
What we offer you?
- Working for one of the top gambling companies in the world
- Opportunity to influence the quality of the products, improve process and implement your ideas
- 25 paid vacation working days per year
- 10 paid sick days per year
- Professional and dynamic work environment
- Team of industry experts to learn from and share knowledge with
- Personal development opportunities, courses, workshops, and more
- Competitive remuneration package
- Health benefits
Ready to make gaming even better? Join our quest!
If you are striving to be the best in your area of expertise, please send us your application today. More details on www.netent.com Join the NetEnt journey – warm welcome with your application!
The Challenge is our way of showing you what working at NetEnt is like. It's a web series where four of our colleagues put our culture and values to test by climbing a mountain in the Alps - with no experience. Sounds crazy? Come see for yourself! Who knows, maybe our culture is right for you?