The Network Operations Centre (NOC) plays a key role in ensuring high availability and attainment of service levels. As a NOC engineer you will interact frequently with Customer Support, 3rd Line Support teams and 3rd party providers, therefore having effective written and verbal communication skills are important.
You will be the single point of contact for handling and monitoring NetEnt’s infrastructure.
- Detect and analyse alarms to provide fault isolation and remote troubleshooting, escalating when necessary.
- Maintain and monitor Netent’s Infrastructure.
- Maintain a good standard of providing information internally as well as with NetEnt’s customers when it comes to ongoing issues.
- Acts as a focal point for outages until restoration.
- Assists in process improvement and automation.
- Document and write procedures with relation to new technologies
- Maintain, escalate and update NOC related tickets
- Work on a rotating 16/7 shift basis
- Deliver on KPI’s set internally as well as adhere to SLA’s and OLA’s with regards to service delivery to our customers
- Escalate as required for resolution according to SLAs and OLAs.
- Provide effective, efficient and knowledgeable customer service and solutions to our customers (both external and internal)
- Using ITIL Best Practice handle service requests, incidents, problems and change requests.
- Create new and update existing knowledge base articles
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Customer Satisfaction metrics.
- Possess excellent communication skills, needed for delivery of information both to technical teams as well as non-technical personnel
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Be highly motivated, with proven aptitude for learning new skills and keeping up to date with the latest technologies and industry changes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking essentials, including LAN/WAN, Routing and Networking Protocols.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Server administration including but not limited to DNS, Active Directory and DHCP.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools including but not limited to Nagios, OP5 and Splunk.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux Administration including but not limited to, basic navigation through terminal reviewing and troubleshooting of logs
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL. Skills should include but not limited to querying the database to gather information and troubleshooting.
- Experience with updating entries and transactions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web services including but not limited to WSDL and manual SOAP call triggering and troubleshooting.
- Basic Knowledge of Java and Application Servers.
- Preference given to demonstrated knowledge of analysing logs and troubleshooting issues.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management & Best Practices.
If this sounds interesting for you please apply in English. Looking forward to your application.
The Challenge is our way of showing you what working at NetEnt is like. It's a web series where four of our colleagues put our culture and values to test by climbing a mountain in the Alps - with no experience. Sounds crazy? Come see for yourself! Who knows, maybe our culture is right for you?