NetEnt is a leading provider of premium gaming solutions to the world’s most successful online casino operators. At NetEnt we are proud of our Platform, the enabler that handles more transactions than both Stockholm and NASDAQ stock exchange, with more than 40+ billion transactions per year. To handle this amount of transactions at the same time as keeping the uptime, keys to success are stability, automation and scalability. At NetEnt, we encourage ourselves and our colleagues to be innovative and we take pride in what we do.
What’s the deal?
As we setup and grow our Hyderabad RnD center, we are looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead one of our teams of engineers responsible for building microservices using the latest tech-stack, deployed on Google cloud.
This role gives you the opportunity to work with talented and humble people in a cross-functional and self-organizing team. You will have the ability to directly influence your team’s way of working and together you get full freedom and responsibility to make sure your product exceeds customer’s expectations. We want to be the best at what we do all the way from design to deployment.
The position is for our latest office, based out of Hitech City in Hyderabad, where you will be part of the teams building some of the most important pieces of our platform architecture.
Who are you?
We are looking for you who possess the following:
• Collaborative mindset, to become an effective part of a cross-functional, self-organized team with full ownership.
• Passion for building great software and enjoy the variety and dynamics of working with the full technology stack. Also, you find complex systems thrilling.
• Enjoyment for working in an agile and dynamic environment with a business and quality focus. You believe that business value delivered is what defines great development.
• Can-do mentality, but not afraid to seek assistance from your skilled colleagues. We see that you dare and seek answers to find the best path forward.
• Learning mentality, able to acquire new technological skills to get things done.
• High expectations on yourself and your surroundings.
We believe your experience consists of:
• At-least a couple of years of experience in leading a team of engineers, with background in core engineering.
• Having worked in a very agile environment where complete product ownership lies with the team, starting from design, upto deployment and maintenance of the services in production.
• Having worked in a full dev-ops environment with micro-services, containers, cloud deployments etc.
This position is especially interesting for those who want to grow into a management role, but also have a keen interest in technology and product development.
- You lead a team of 6-8 developers to help the team own a business area (usually comprising of a 3-5 micro-services).
- You work with the product stakeholders to get a clear mission for the team.
- You are also the agile coach for the team, and help the team run the agile rituals such as Sprint demos/retrospectives etc.
- You help team members fulfil their growth aspirations through goal setting, timely recognition and constructive feedback at regular intervals.
- You work with HR for the yearly appraisal cycle (360 degree).
- You are a brand ambassador for the company.
If you want to be part of our journey in our office in central Hyderabad (Hitech City), feel free to send us your CV or LinkedIn profile and we’ll arrange a first meeting!