Having tons of fun in a diverse and creative environment has made NetEnt a leading provider of premium gaming solutions to the online casino industry so this is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-paced international legal team in an extremely exciting and fast-moving online industry. Reporting to the General Counsel located in Gibraltar, we are now strengthening our legal department with a Legal Counsel for our Stockholm offices. Are you ready to level up?
What’s the deal?
- Responsible for the day to day corporate governance and fulfilment of the listing requirements of a NASDAQ OMX High Cap listed company. This will include fulfilling the relevant requirements for Annual General Meetings, issuing Shareholder Resolutions, issuing notifications to the Stock Exchange, coordinating employee share option schemes and other company administration tasks.
- Provide the company's management and other functions with the advice and counsel primarily in the following areas of intellectual property, commercial contracts, employment law issues and related agreements and disputes.
- Independently manage relationships with external legal advisors, both national and international.
- Draft, negotiate and amend contracts with suppliers of hardware, software and other goods and services to the NetEnt group and software license agreements, with customers of the NetEnt group. Review various contracts to ensure minimum risk for Net Ent in terms of commitments, exposure to warranties and indemnities etc.
- Assist HR in matters of employment law for example with respect to continuous employee contract standards improvement, assist in case of employee disputes, special terms and conditions etc.
- Educate various department managers in basic company, commercial and contract law, what to look out for in contracts and NetEnt preferred standard terms and conditions in order to increase overall awareness and competence when it comes to reading and concluding contracts with suppliers.
- Ensure proper administration and maintenance of legal documentation such as storage of contracts, NDAs, etc.
Who are you?
To succeed at this exciting position at NetEnt you are a pragmatic and service-minded person holding the ability to explain legal matters to non-lawyers. You can see the full picture and make risk assessments with a combination of commercial and legal understanding. Also, you are a good negotiator that can take initiatives; and a self-driven attitude clearly defines you!
Since the work will require frequent contacts with persons in the Group's various subsidiaries throughout the world we see that you are an open person with an interest in communicating with others.
Your knowledge & experience
Main game skills:
- At least 5 years’ post-qualified legal experience
- Swedish law degree (or Swedish law working experience)
- IP/IT/Tech oriented experience
- B2B experience
- Fluent in English (including contract drafting)
Bonus game skills: (desirable)
- Gaming law experience
- Experience form working in-house
- Experience from UK law (or another common law jurisdiction)
- Licensing experience
Ready for Better Mondays?
You will be part of a big international family with 60+ nationalities united by a strong NetEnt culture. Innovation is a big part of who we are since there is no other way to be a driver in the industry! You will enjoy working flexible hours, having top level health benefits – we also have a person working 100% with health & fitness activities – and of course you will have an awesome set of benefits!
Warm welcome with your application to join the NetEnt family!
This is our way of showing you what working at NetEnt is like. It's a web series where four of our colleagues put our culture and values to test by climbing a mountain in the Alps - with no experience. Sounds crazy? Come see for yourself! Who knows, maybe our culture is right for you?