Nest Wealth is Canada’s largest independent digital wealth management platform, offering both direct-to-investor and advanced business-to-business solutions. It’s an exciting time, as we are experiencing significant growth and looking to add an ambitious Senior Front-End Engineer to join our Technology team.
Are you a passionate Senior Front-End Engineer who thrives in a high-reaching environment, loves a good challenge, and hates leaving problems unsolved? If you're eager to join an innovative team and want to demonstrate your technical acumen and leadership abilities, we want to hear from you!
Our cross-functional pods have built a world-class platform that supports all four of our lines of business and they are tackling new revenue-generating problems every day. Our Software Engineers are able to see the positive impact of their work not only on the company, but on the wealth management industry as a whole.
We are located across the street from Roy Thomson Hall in the heart of the Entertainment District in downtown Toronto.
At Nest Wealth you'll be:
- Writing maintainable, testable, and performant code
- Designing and building out the Nest Wealth platform using Angular (1.6/2+), TypeScript, and Cloud Services
- Effectively communicate with product managers and designers to produce practical, scalable solutions
- Collaborating with your team to tackle problems and learn from failures
What you'll bring to Nest Wealth:
- 2+ years of experience working with Angular (2+)
- 1+ years of experience working with AngularJS (1.6)
- 5+ years of web development experience
- A real passion for learning and staying up to date with best practices
- Experience with enterprise level SDLC and automation
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with complex data visualization
- Experience with NODE and AWS.
- Have worked with the open source community
- Experience with React Native
- Knowledge and use of D3
- A familiarity with financial and investment terminology and theories
In addition to joining a phenomenal team, we offer:
- A competitive salary with customizable extended health benefits and group savings (RRSP) plan.
- An employee stock option plan. We believe work means more when you have ownership in what we’re building.
- A yearly education budget for your own professional goals (workshops, courses, conferences, classes, and more).
- Flexible hours. Our employees have the latitude to take care of the other parts of their lives and be there for the things that matter to them.
- Weekly catered team lunches, a fully stocked fridge, and healthy snacks and fruits for everyone to enjoy.
- Company events and other fun team outings.