Nest Wealth is Canada’s largest independent digital wealth management platform, offering both direct-to-investor and advanced business-to-business solutions. It’s an exciting time, as we are experiencing significant growth and looking to add an ambitious Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Technology team.
Are you a passionate Senior DevOps Engineer who thrives in a high-reaching environment, loves a good challenge, and hates leaving problems unsolved? If you're eager to join an innovative team and want to demonstrate your technical acumen and leadership abilities, we want to hear from you!
Our cross-functional pods have built a world-class platform that supports all four of our lines of business and they are tackling new revenue-generating problems every day. Our DevOps Engineers are able to see the positive impact of their work not only on the company, but on the wealth management industry as a whole.
We are located across the street from Roy Thomson Hall in the heart of the Entertainment District in downtown Toronto.
At Nest Wealth you'll be:
- Automating our development and deployment processes.
- Monitoring systems and working to develop and manage automation code to improve our software development practices and health of our deployments.
- Ensuring product releases and fixes get deployed in a cloud based environment.
- Managing pipeline of build, deploy, test & release cycle.
- Operationalize automation in CI/CD process.
- Collaborating with your team to tackle problems and learn from failures.
What you'll bring to Nest Wealth:
- 7+ years of experience with automated provisioning, Cloud Infrastructure, Continuous Integration, Deployment Pipelines.
- Solid experience deploying using AWS EC2, ECS, ECR, Docker/Docker Swarm.
- Experience with Networking and AWS VPC/Subnet/VPC Peering.
- Experience with Firewall and Security.
- Experience with MySQL/AWS Aurora/Postgresql/Redshift/MongoDB/Atlas/Redis.
- In depth Nodejs, Typescript, NPM, Wordpress, backup Management Experience.
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines, especially Jenkins (DSL/Groovy).
- Advanced Linux Systems Administration skills and networking principles.
- Orchestration and Scripting, Automation Skills (Bash, Python, Ansible).
- A real passion for learning and staying up to date with best practices.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- SRE/Oncall/Incident Management Experience.
- Haproxy Experience.
- Experience with Monitoring tools (Sensu/Zabbix/Nagios).
- Experience with Logging tools (ELK, Logdna, Logz.io).
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with the open source community.
- Knowledge and use of Microservice Architecture and Machine Learning.
- A familiarity with financial and investment terminology and theories.
- GCP & Azure Experience
In addition to joining a phenomenal team, we offer:
- A competitive salary with customizable extended health benefits and group savings (RRSP) plan.
- An employee stock option plan. We believe work means more when you have ownership in what we’re building.
- A yearly education budget for your own professional goals (workshops, courses, conferences, classes, and more).
- Flexible hours. Our employees have the latitude to take care of the other parts of their lives and be there for the things that matter to them.
- Weekly catered team lunches, a fully stocked fridge, and healthy snacks and fruits for everyone to enjoy.
- Company events and other fun team outings.