Nest Wealth is Canada’s largest independent digital wealth management platform, offering both direct-to-investor and advanced business-to-business solutions. It’s an exciting time, as we are experiencing significant growth and looking to add an ambitious Software Engineer to join our Technology team.
Our cross-functional pods have built a world-class platform that supports all four of our lines of business and they are tackling new revenue-generating problems every day. Our Software Engineers are able to see the positive impact of their work not only on the company, but on the wealth management industry as a whole.
We are located across the street from Roy Thomson Hall in the heart of the Entertainment District in downtown Toronto.
At Nest Wealth you'll be:
- Writing maintainable, testable, and performant code.
- Designing and building out the Nest Wealth platform and REST API using Node, Angular, TypeScript, MySQL, Mongo, and Cloud Services.
- Collaborating with your team to tackle problems and learn from failures.
What you'll bring to Nest Wealth:
- Experience with Mongo and MySQL.
- A solid understanding of Promises (we use Bluebird and async functions).
- A real passion for learning and staying up to date with best practices.
- Experience with enterprise level SDLC and automation.
- Excellent debugging skills.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with the open source community.
- Knowledge and use of D3, Microservice Architecture and Machine Learning.
- A familiarity with financial and investment terminology and theories.
In addition to joining a phenomenal team, we offer:
- A competitive salary with customizable extended health benefits and group savings (RRSP) plan.
- An employee stock option plan. We believe work means more when you have ownership in what we’re building.
- A yearly education budget for your own professional goals (workshops, courses, conferences, classes, and more).
- Flexible hours. Our employees have the latitude to take care of the other parts of their lives and be there for the things that matter to them.
- Weekly catered team lunches, a fully stocked fridge, and healthy snacks and fruits for everyone to enjoy.
- Company events and other fun team outings.