Nest Wealth is looking for an ambitious Software Engineer to join our Technology team. We are committed to solving complex problems every single day and we're pushing for meaningful product development as we continue to grow the team.
Are you a passionate Software Engineer who thrives in a high-reaching environment, loves a good challenge, and hates leaving problems unsolved? If you're eager to join an innovative team and want to demonstrate your technical acumen and leadership abilities, we want to hear from you!
We value real passion for quality, maintainable and scalable code, and for building awesome products. By joining the Nest Wealth team, you'll work with our Product and Software team to define and implement groundbreaking financial products that will be used by people all over the country.
At Nest Wealth you'll be:
- Designing and building out the Nest Wealth platform and REST API using Node.
- Writing maintainable, testable, and performant code.
- Refactoring legacy code to bring to bear newer/better methodologies (focused on Node 8).
- Collaborating with your team to tackle problems and learn from failures.
What you'll bring to Nest Wealth:
- Experience with Mongo and MySQL.
- A solid understanding of Promises (we use Bluebird).
- A real passion for learning and staying up to date with best practices.
- Experience with enterprise level SDLC and automation.
- Excellent debugging skills.
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with the open source community.
- Knowledge and use of TypeScript, D3, Node8.
- A familiarity with financial and investment terminology and theories.
In addition to joining a phenomenal team, we offer:
- A yearly education budget for your own professional goals (workshops, courses, conferences, classes, and more).
- Flexible hours. Our employees have the latitude to take care of the other parts of their lives and be there for the things that matter to them.
- Weekly catered team lunches, a fully stocked fridge, and healthy snacks and fruits for everyone to enjoy.
- Company events and other fun team outings.
- Full health benefits.
- An employee stock option plan. We believe work means more when you have ownership in what we’re building.
- An environment where you can have a huge impact.