Two years in, and after raising an 11.5M$ Series A round, it’s time for a great Back-End Developer to join our team.
nesto is on a mission to offer a positive, empowering, and transparent property financing experience, simplified from start to finish.
Powered by our technology, we screen the whole market in seconds to find the most affordable mortgage while our commission-free experts provide customers with unbiased support along the process. People that are using our technology love it.
Our tech team is composed of designers, software engineers, and product people who work closely with our Mortgage Brokers, Underwriters, and Customer Success teams. We’re very collaborative and fortunate to have a multi-disciplinary team that brings a variety of perspectives.
Several tech projects are progressing in parallel at a high delivery pace.
Our technology stack allows customers to shop and access mortgage products by enabling them to complete their mortgage application digitally.
Our front-end product is written in TypeScript (React).
The infrastructure is mainly running on GCP and is administered completely programmatically, via Terraform. We’re using several GCP services — Storage, Container Registry, Cloud Build, Monitoring, Logging, SQL, Pub/Sub, etc. Most of the code is deployed in containers on Kubernetes cluster on GCP Kubernetes Engine.
The test automation uses tools like Testify (unit/integration), Docker-Compose (integration), Cypress (e2e). The entire development and deployment pipeline is chained together with GitHub, GCP Cloud Build, Container Registry and Kubernetes Engine.
As a Back-End Developer, you’ll be responsible for building end-to-end back-end services. For this role, it is useful to have a background in API design and delivering major features to production, including building or contributing to build/CI pipelines. Experience with Machine Learning is also a strong asset.
Who we are looking for
- You like the idea of joining a startup with a small but growing team of great engineers;
- You enjoy working in a team and collaborating with people with different backgrounds;
- You are self-driven, like fast-paced teams, and don’t mind the occasional uncertainty of a startup;
- You enjoy both sweating the details and deliberate, long-term system thinking;
- You’ve built and shipped great apps, mobile or web;
- You’ve comfortable with the architecture of modern applications.
What you would be doing
- Developing the scalable back-end of the platform;
- Working closely with front-end developers and data to build data services;
- Write modular, maintainable code with little guidance/support/review.
- Apply strong technical skills in design/coding/testing/debugging.
- Deliver small-scoped projects/features independently, and medium to large
- projects within a team of collaborators.
- Work with the team to investigate hard-to-reproduce bugs, narrow-down failure conditions, and the first test of new functionalities
- Write and clarify bug reports.
- Continue to learn the system and technology and use new learnings in your work.
You need to have
- B.S., B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or another technical field;
- 5+ years of professional software development experience;
- Experience with GO;
- Experience building a product using Machine Learning algorithms is an asset.
- Motivated by creating an application that users would like and use;
- Eager to learn and share your knowledge;
- Excellent communications skills.
What we offer
- The opportunity to have an impact in a well-funded company that is growing quickly;
- Receive a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous time-off policy;
- Top tier benefits plan, covered by nesto, including unlimited access to Dialogue (dialogue.co) for you and your family;
- Work remotely or from a beautiful sunny location in Old Montréal, next to cafés, restaurants.
- We recognize the importance of personal and family time, flexible hours, and great benefits.