nesto is looking for a Director of Legal Affairs
Two years in, and after raising a 11.5M$ Series A round, it’s time for a Director of Legal Affairs to join our team.
nesto is on a mission to offer a positive, empowering, and transparent property financing experience, simplified from start to finish.
Powered by our technology, we screen the whole market in seconds to find the most affordable mortgage while our commission-free experts provide customers with unbiased support along the process.
We are looking for a Director of Legal Affairs to join our leadership team and support nesto’s high growth. This is a highly strategic role in the organization.
The mission of the Director of Legal Affairs is to provide sound legal counsel to nesto’s teams, including supporting the executive team on strategic initiatives. This person will also act as our compliance officer and be responsible for maintaining and improving our practices. Lastly, the Director of Legal Affairs will monitor any regulatory changes in Canada and ensure compliance with all provincial and federal applicable laws.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the drafting and assisting in the negotiation of all of nesto’s commercial agreements with customers and suppliers, providing balanced advice to internal stakeholders;
- Providing sound legal advice to our internal teams, including the executive team, on various strategic matters and leading negotiations process when needed;
- Managing the legal aspects of important transactions for nesto;
- Ensuring nesto complies with all provincial and federal laws, and monitoring any potential regulatory changes in our landscape;
- Playing a key role in proactively managing risk through training and coaching, as well as through the creation and implementation of efficient contract governance;
- Utilizing sound business judgment to assess risks and provide management with balanced advice related to legal matters;
- Performing research and providing legal advice on various matters, including labor, intellectual property, and privacy.
- Member of the Quebec Bar for at least 10 years;
- Experience in a law firm or fast-growing company (experience in the mortgage or financial sectors is a plus);
- Experience in commercial and transactional legal matters;
- Excellent time and project management skills;
- Excellent drafting skills (commercial contracts);
- Experience with compliance matters is a plus;
- Capacity to identify and solve problems independently;
- Excellent language skills and fluency in English and French (spoken and written) is required.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to take a key leadership role in an early-stage, well-funded high-growth company;
- The space to lead and evolve an entire function and directly impact a successful business;
- A beautiful office perfectly located in Old Montreal;
- Top tier benefits plan including unlimited access to a telemedicine service for you and your family;
- A competitive salary, stock options, and a generous time-off policy.