nesto is looking for a Product Owner
Two years in, and after raising a 11.5M$ Series A round, it’s time for a Product Owner to join our Team.
nesto is on a mission to offer a positive, empowering, and transparent property financing experience, simplified from start to finish.
Powered by our technology, we screen the whole market in seconds to find the most affordable mortgage while our commission-free experts provide customers with unbiased support along the process. People that are using our technology love it.
Our tech team has grown since the time we started the company two years ago. It is time for an additional Product Owner to join us.
Our tech team is composed of designers, software engineers, and product people who work closely with our Mortgage Brokers, Underwriters, and Customer Success teams. We’re very collaborative and fortunate to have a multi-disciplinary team that brings a variety of perspectives.
Several projects are progressing in parallel at a quite high delivery pace.
There are also challenges of another kind: How do we ensure the right technical decisions are made? How do we develop and track the right engineering metrics? How do we empower everyone in the team to contribute to the process? How do we prioritize what to build next when there’s so much to do? Not all of these questions have answers, and that’s a big part of what makes it fun.
The Product Owner will take the lead on:
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements;
- Ensuring that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on;
- Planning and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product;
- Defining product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities;
- Assessing value, developing cases, and prioritizing stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value and aligned with product strategy;
- Leading the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities;
- Researching and analyzing the market, the users, and the roadmap for the product;
- Following our competitors and the industry;
- Staying up to date with best practices and new trends.
Who we’re looking for?
- You have deep experience as a Product Owner;
- You have experience in the mortgage or financial services industry;
- You have experience as a Software Engineer;
- You like the idea of joining a fast-growing startup;
- You enjoy working in a team and collaborating with people with different backgrounds;
- You are self-driven, like fast-paced teams, and don’t mind the occasional uncertainty of a startup or have experience working in one;
- You are detail-oriented and data-driven.
What we offer:
- We offer the opportunity to contribute to shaping a product that is changing the mortgage industry;
- We offer competitive compensation, and all nesto employees are also equity holders;
- Our health benefits are great, plus they’re 100% funded by the company for you and your family starting day 1;
- Our office is located in the Old Montreal close to Square Victoria station.