Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
The Software Development and Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for establishing and ensuring best practices across software development and quality assurance. This person will be responsible for successful and effective delivery across technical and quality projects and initiatives. They are responsible for ensuring the capabilities, productivity, performance, training, management, and resources of the teams are conforming with expected delivery requirements and business needs. A strong software development and QA manager will foster career growth and a strong team culture. In addition, they are expected to lead strategic conversations and guide development standards and direction. This person will also be responsible for the overall quality of our customer experience across digital platforms, and the scalability, reliability, and security of our software development efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Quality Assurance Management responsibilities include:
- Review test plans and overseeing the bug tracking lifecycle, metrics development and tracking, test automation and performance testing.
- Develop, implement, and manage QA processes to ensure that products meet required specifications for quality, function, and reliability prior to delivery including creating automated and manual test libraries
- Communicate and oversee quality standards and parameters to the product development team.
- Provide coaching on best practice handling of change requests and QA practices.
- Establish, track, report on, and gradually improve quality metrics.
- Ensure maximum uptime and reliability of web services and billing infrastructure.
Software Development Management responsibilities include:
- Provide both technical and people leadership for software development teams.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Manage resource and staffing assignments for multiple projects.
- Manage the timeline, scope, and tasks of the development projects.
- Set and track project milestones, manages and accounts for unforeseen delays, then realigns schedules and expectations as needed.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Work closely with our development leadership team to help define next generation application architecture.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain quality web applications.
- Ensure all web applications are secure, scalable, and observable.
- Monitoring project timelines and key development milestones.
- Ensure that software design features and objectives are consistent with internal customer requirements.
- Ensure development best practices are followed and new techniques are introduced as appropriate.
- Provide architectural guidance to development team and partners.
- Scope development efforts and trade-offs as appropriate with business partners.
- Partake in code reviews and development efforts as needed.
- Lead platform development efforts as appropriate cross web TV platforms.
- Ensure regulatory and other compliance of our software systems and processes.
- Liaise with partners and vendors to ensure technical solutions and architecture meet business needs while complying with consumer and other laws and agreements.
- Oversee direct and 3rd party billing infrastructure and development.
- Evolve billing capabilities to meet business and revenue objectives.
- Work with development partners and backend services engineering in order to ensure reliability, redundancy, scalability, and quality of experience across commerce flows.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience across web and/or video applications
- 4+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Proven track record building and managing software QA & Software Development engineers in test, engineering teams
- Experience leading the delivery of large-scale systems
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with cloud computing or large-scale distributed systems for commercial online services that require high availability and performance
- Experience in test automation for Front-end / back-end and end-to-end systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
- Excellent collaboration skills including cross functional collaborations
- Experience with standard QA and development tools
- Understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
NESN requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements.
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.