Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
Responsible for establishing and implementing a visual identity for the network, through broadcast design and packaging, network interstitial identity elements, promotional design, all on-air and online elements and off-air promotion and collateral. Manage, mentor and inspire a staff responsible for executing all design and animation assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with partners across the organization to proactively identify needs and deliver effective design solutions that meet or exceed expectations; provide design expertise and set expectations for the solutions to be created and implemented
- Lead, inspire and guide the design team in effectively executing and delivering assigned responsibilities
- Contribute in a hands-on manner to create and implement exciting and effective design and animation solutions, from concept through completion across all media forms
- Direct management responsibility for a design team that includes managing individual performance, delegating, collaborating with, directing and inspiring the work of designers in all media forms; develop the staff by identifying strengths and skills that provide opportunities for development
- Manage assignments from concept to completions through the development of project plans that include timelines, milestones, stakeholder maps and communication plans that guide the successful development, implementation of deliverables
- Effectively utilize current software packages and technologies – e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D to execute design and animation solutions
- Collaborate with the Director of Creative Services to align priorities and ensure partner expectations are consistently and effectively being met
- Communicate with the Director to ensure he/she is informed of projects, plans, design direction and staff issues
- Other related duties or tasks as assigned by Director
- 7+ years experience conceptualizing and designing motion graphics for advertising, cable/broadcast TV or creative studio
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role including staff and project management responsibilities
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams
- Detail-oriented, meticulously organized with exceptional project and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability work under limited supervision in a high pressure and loosely structured environment
- Proven leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Expertise in relevant software packages and technologies – e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D
- Self-starter with proven ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment across various departments
- Flexible and experienced in prioritizing projects moving at different speeds with competing deadlines
- Motivated to learn new techniques, processes and technologies
- Track record of exceptional performance operating in a fast paced, loosely structured environment
- Reel or link showcasing exceptional creative ability and technical expertise
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Boston sports landscape is a plus
NESN requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.