Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, responsibilities include operating the EVS-XT3, Evertz Dreamcatcher and SONY Xpri NLE editor to produce highlights, features, montages, and sound packages for studio support of Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins pre and post-game shows, At Home game productions, World Feed/ Cloud Control game productions and other NESN programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Operate EVS to produce highlights for Red Sox and Bruins Studio Productions
· Operate EVS and Dreamcatcher to produce highlights, playout promo material and roll back replays for World Feed/Cloud Control Game Productions
· Edits video and sound using Sony Xpri editing system to produce highlights for Red Sox and Bruins Studio Productions and shoulder programming
· Evaluates and selects scenes for dramatic, entertainment qualities and story continuity
· Implements solutions with very good editorial judgment that requires little direction
· Archive audio and video clips and maintain effective levels of clip storage
· Collaborate with Production and Operations team on available materials (Video/Sound)
· Recall video from past events for the creation of future products
· Provide support on highlight melt creation and management
· Work nights, weekends and/or holidays as needed
· Editing or Master Control playback operations experience is required
· Typically has 3 to 6 years of progressively complex related experience
· Prior EVS, Dreamcatcher (or similar replay system) and working knowledge of Xfile or IP Director is a plus
· Knowledgeable in sports, especially Red Sox baseball, Bruins hockey, and New England sports in general
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, think quickly and remain calm under pressure
· Must be a detail oriented self starter and independent creative thinker
· Proven ability to work proactively with minimal direction utilizing a producer mindset
· Solid track record of successfully working in a fast paced, loosely structured, growing and changing work environment
· Strong ability to work closely with producers, editors and directors with a can-do attitude and work towards a common goal
· Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to manage conflict professionally and effectively
· Ability to work nights, weekends and/or holidays as needed
NESN requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements.
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.