Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
NESN is seeking a strategic Head of Digital Platform Partnerships. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this individual will drive relationships with key partners across the digital, tech, and sports ecosystem. More specifically, this individual would lead relationships across media distribution platforms, strategic marketing channels, the broader NESN sports ecosystem, and other potential tech partners. Working with cross-functional teams, the ideal candidate is passionate about tech, sports, and media. As a strategic partnerships leader, the individual would bring a methodical approach to which partners we work/integrate with, our coverage model, and how we make the most of our relationships across the tech, media, and sports landscape, grow our digital and direct-to-consumer offerings.
- Own and develop relationship with platform & tech partners, securing marketing commitments, early access to pilot programs, and other strategic growth opportunities
- Manage and grow our existing relationships with Social (YouTube, FB, Snap, TikTok, etc) and tech platforms (iOS, tvOS, Android, Roku, FIRETV, and more)
- Work with product and tech teams to prioritize platform-specific feature roll-outs, creating the business case and working with partners to maximize impact
- Identify and develop plans for new business opportunities and tech integrations
- Scope go-to-market strategies and support pilot efforts for new business initiatives
- Build data-driven, scenario-based models to evaluate business impact of strategic and business development initiatives (e.g., platform expansions, partnerships, co-marketing, etc.)
- Drive strategic planning projects and processes by developing 3-year and 5-year strategic plans to grow the business
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure strategic alignment, including ad sales
- Lead user acquisition deal negotiations and general business development
- Work with leads to source new distribution opportunities for audiences and platforms
- Create and present pitch decks and other materials as part of the partnership process
- Evaluate and optimize economic terms for product integration/marketing/comarketing deals
- Be a thought-leader in how to creatively structure and improve partnership agreements
- Collaborate with digital ops teams to ensure the successful launch of new partners
- Identify opportunities to grow the business outside of traditional relationships
- Perform ad-hoc analysis around specific initiatives/opportunities
- Develop business plans and drive growth around new business and partnership opportunities
- Coordinate with the content team to ensure proper promotion among partners of our content roadmap
- Work with Chief Marketing Officer to assess strategic opportunities, long term business planning, etc.
- Represent NESN at conferences and industry events
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or JD preferred
- 6+ years experience in consumer tech and media organizations and/or in strategy, business development, or partnerships
- 2+ years experience in a highly analytical role, including in DTC streaming, digital media, subscription-based tech, strategy/business development, management consulting, or investment banking
- Knowledge of online video and experience in online entertainment or new media with an understanding of social platforms (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and mobile app/connected TV distribution platforms (iTunes, Google Play Store, Amazon App Store, Roku store, etc)
- Experience developing strategic partnerships in the digital, media, sports, and/or tech industry
- Preference for fast-paced environment with limited formal structure and process
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
- Strong working knowledge of contracts and legal frameworks
- Experience leading partner negotiations
- Exceptional communication skills with a desire to exercise transparency and give/receive feedback
- A thought-leader in the SVOD space with the ability to contribute outside of core responsibilities
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills with the ability to build materials and present findings effectively at the executive management level
- Experience managing multiple projects and executing across a quickly evolving product
- Superior strategic problem solving and analytical skills including talent for developing hypotheses, drawing key insights and developing clear recommendations
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and answering challenging questions, while maintaining superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Passionate and knowledge about the tech, media and entertainment businesses, with relationships across the industry
- Comfort balancing between attention to detail and swift execution
- Experience ideating and leading strategic cross-functional projects
- Able to network and develop deep relationships inside and outside the organization
NESN requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements.
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.