Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
NESN is seeking a dynamic Head of Digital Operations. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this individual will be a strategic, operational leader helping evolve the digital organization and how it operates. Working with cross-functional teams, the ideal candidate is passionate about all things digital, sports, and media. As an operational leader, the individual would bring a structured approach to how we set, evolve, and achieve operational and business objectives.
- Establish, track, and report on digital KPIs, across digital properties and business lines
- Ensure the successful and profitable operation of NESN’s full suite of digital products
- Oversee digital operations across web and app platforms, including subscription and ad revenue
- Create business processes and guidelines for ensuring lean operations that achieve business objectives and ensure high levels of quality
- Work with product, tech, sales, and other teams to build the business case for and prioritize strategic initiatives, establishing a broader digital strategy and ensuring cross-functional alignment
- Manage the complete product life cycle of digital efforts from strategic planning, innovation, to tactical implementation, using analytics to inform project priorities
- Build data-driven, scenario-based models to evaluate business impact of strategic and business development initiatives (e.g., platform expansions, ad products, new products, etc.)
- Drive strategic planning projects and processes by developing 3-year and 5-year strategic plans to grow the business
- Interact with senior leadership, internally and externally, syndicating strategic plans as needed
- Make recommendations as necessary about build vs. buy decisions when it comes to technology and operational needs
- Be responsible for identifying and meeting target metrics to ensure customers love and use our digital products
- Understand user needs, evolving market trends, technology innovations, and competitive offerings to grow and develop digital presence
- Recommend, identify, recruit, and continually develop a team of digital talent across functional areas
- Liaise with agency and vendor partners as necessary
- Work closely with Finance and other stakeholders on budget, forecasting, and planning
- Be seen as not only an innovator but a collaborator, open to ideas which come from anywhere
- BA/BS in a quantitative or technical field preferred; MBA or JD preferred
- 7+ years experience in consumer tech and media organizations and/or in operational roles, building and managing teams, ideally with revenue or P&L responsibilities
- 2+ years experience in a highly analytical role, including in DTC streaming, digital media, subscription-based tech, strategy/business development, management consulting, or investment banking
- A proven track record of launching/evolving successful digital products and deep knowledge of the industry and consumer drivers
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills with the ability to build materials and present findings effectively at the executive management level
- Experience managing multiple projects and executing across a quickly evolving product
- Superior strategic problem solving and analytical skills including talent for developing hypotheses, drawing key insights and developing clear recommendations
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and answering challenging questions, while maintaining superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate analytics needs and drive BI reporting preferred
- Comfort balancing between attention to detail and swift execution
- Experience ideating and leading strategic cross-functional projects
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a penchant for moving quickly, iterating, and accelerating organizational learnings, experience instilling a culture that rewards innovation, rapid testing, and continuous learning
- Demonstrable experience in leadership through collaboration and cross-functional teams, including motivating direct reports and colleagues
- Proven ability to lead and manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Comfortable working in an execution focused, fast paced environment balancing multiple projects and priorities balancing short-term goals and long-term vision for the team
- Experience working in an Agile environment including defining and documenting product requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria preferred
- Strong technical abilities paired with a strategic mindset with a keen attention to detail
- Solution-oriented, highly motivated, and proactive self-starter
NESN requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to applicable legal requirements.
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.