Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
We are searching for a leader that thrives in creating inclusive environments, enabling the team to bring their full selves to work and driving passion alongside our company’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion mission. Bringing NESN’s most important asset, the people to the forefront of all we do.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Vice President, Chief Diversity Officer provides leadership, direction, and organization to the development and implementation of NESN’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategy. This strategy is aimed at integrating diversity, equity and inclusion into the culture, communication, and decision-making in support of NESN’s mission, vision, and values.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy, Development and Execution
- Provide vision, leadership, coordination and strategic planning for the design and implementation of an companywide plan to drive diversity and inclusion throughout the organization that is employee focused and tied to the Company's strategy and culture.
- Responsible for evolving current DEI strategy over time to meet the needs of the business as well as aligning to external shifts and best practices.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and monitoring of the appropriate infrastructure (i.e. department, council, employee resource groups) to ensure effective execution of DEI strategies.
- Partners with the People & Culture department in developing diversity, equity and inclusion learning programs to meet the needs of the organization and its employees. Developing processes and KPIs to track and monitor the return on investment of training and education.
- Provides leadership and direction to evaluate the effectiveness of NESN’s diversity, equity and inclusion program and activities, as well as drive accountability at individual, team, and companywide levels.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in each functional area, to develop and implement DEI strategies to increase workforce readiness, retention, and engagement.
- Partners with our People & Culture team and people leaders to attract, recruit, hire engage, develop, and retain diverse talent consistent with the demographic composition relevant labor force benchmarks; assists in building pipelines of diverse talent as part of succession planning.
- Work in partnership with our People & Culture team to ensure the appropriate systems, tools, processes, and metrics are established in support of the DEI strategy.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the business and the media/entertainment industries; connect DEI efforts to current and future business and people strategies.
- Develops strategies to eliminate barriers to diversity, inclusion, and EEO.
- Develops and recommends operating budgets within approved budget objectives.
Communication & Change Leadership
- Champions NESN’s efforts to achieve a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace.
- Responsible for creating and executing clear and concise communications strategies to drive acceptance and advocacy of DEI efforts.
- Utilize influence to integrate DEI into all areas of the organization.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation across all divisions within the organization.
External Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Leadership
- Champions NESN's efforts to leverage diversity to succeed in the market by establishing a clear diversity, equity and inclusion message that aligns with the overall Employer brand.
- Stays abreast of best practices, external partnership opportunities, technology, and tools to complement and inform NESN's diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Publicly represents NESN at the local, regional, and national level by maintaining strong internal and external relationships to advance diversity building partnerships in the markets we do business.
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with peers and partners in key organizations and companies to benchmark and share best practices.
- Collaborates with leadership to apply a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to marketplace activities such as procurement/supply chain, marketing, product development, distribution, business growth, and external communications.
- Works with NESN leaders to develop partnerships and other relationships with civic, community, and other organizations designed to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 8-10 years’ progressively responsible leadership experience in EEO, diversity and inclusion, and/or human resources.
- 10+ years of management experience in a complex business environment, developing strategic plans, and executing system-wide strategies and programs.
- Experience identifying, learning, facilitating, and implementing best practices related to diversity, equity and inclusion required.
- Expertise in cultural competence and DEI strategies; excellent communication, presentation, coaching, training, facilitation, problem-solving and conflict-management skills.
- Ability to influence decision-making throughout the organization; ability to work within and navigate matrix reporting and broad-based accountability.
- Ability to facilitate and build community collaborations and partnerships to accomplish shared goals and objectives.
- Prior experience successfully managing and executing numerous priorities and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must embrace the NESN Core Values: People, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Teamwork, Diversity, Integrity, Accountability, Passion, Social Responsibility.
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.