Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
NESN is seeking a Senior Web Developer with 5+ years of experience for our growing Digital team. This will be a unique opportunity to contribute to NESN’s digital platforms that feature the best in sports with the primary responsibility of managing the front-end technical aspects and 3rd party platform integrations. This is a hands-on position needing strong ability to learn quickly and collaborate with others while also being able to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines to maintain the quality of NESN’s on-air and digital products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Some knowledge of Composer/NPM.
- Experiencing implementing 3rd party APIs including Sportradar, BlueConic, Brightcove, and Adobe Primetime.
- Assist in the scoping of project requirements.
- Act as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a "do what it takes" attitude to ensure product and team success.
- Analyze problems and help create innovative solutions involving technology, methodology, tool, and solution components.
- Ensure product quality and timeliness of work, provide advice and guidance, and resolve problems to meet objectives.
- Help develop new and refine existing processes to enhance quality and productivity.
- Serve as project manager on key technology launches.
- Work closely and partner with the Digital team members and Sales department to build sellable web properties; design and develop functional and technical specifications and implement solutions to address customer needs.
- Apply project planning/management methods to ensure the timely delivery of projects.
- Successfully complete other related projects or tasks as needed.
- Expensive experience developing with WordPress (7+years of experience) and Gutenberg (2+ years of experience)
- Extensive experience with building custom Gutenberg Blocks and WordPress plugins, themes, templates, and caching implementations including utilizing the WordPress REST APIs.
- Experience implementing 3rd party APIs including Sportradar, BlueConic, Brightcove, and Adobe Primetime.
- Experience implementing digital ad serving technology (Google Ad Manager / DFP, SpringServe, PubMatic).
- Experience implementing customer data platforms (BlueConic) preferred.
- Experience implementing online video technology (Brightcove, Adobe Heartbeat) preferred.
- Experience implementing analytics services (Adobe Analytics) preferred.
- Extensive experience Composer/NPM & code versioning tools including GitHub.
- Uncanny ability (and desire) to dive-in and learn unfamiliar systems and tools.
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, loosely structured, growing and changing work environment.
- BS in Computer Science or a related degree preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, have excellent organization skills and a proven track record in multitasking effectively.
- Strong work ethic, reliable and professional.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Superb organizational and multi-tasking skills, and ability to successfully prioritize.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must embrace the NESN Core Values: People, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Teamwork, Diversity, Integrity, Accountability, Passion, Social Responsibility.
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.