Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
NESN is seeking a UI/UX Designer with 4+ years of experience for our growing Digital team. This will be a unique opportunity for a creative and analytical person to contribute to NESN’s digital platforms that feature the best in sports. This is a hands-on position needing strong ability to learn quickly and collaborate with others while also being able to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines to maintain the quality of NESN’s on-air and digital products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the Vice President of Digital, Product Development Manager, and other key stakeholders.
- Create and evaluate design solutions based on user research, user goals, and business requirements.
- Create highly polished design UI/UX user flows, process flows, wireframes, mockups, storyboards, prototypes, and other design visualizations that clearly illustrate the look and feel of the digital products, experiences, and platforms.
- Solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways combining multiple aspects of the design workflow to create delightful experiences.
- Work collaboratively with product management, designers, editors, engineers, and other key stakeholders to iterate and adjust UX elements, layouts, user flow and more to deliver a best-in-class experience.
- Advocate for design solutions by framing and evaluating them in context of business and user goals to guide product direction.
- Design graphic user interface elements like menus, tabs, and widgets as well as production ready assets.
- Stay informed about industry trends to inform proposed features, layouts, and other digital design elements.
- Leverage user psychology to accurately account for tendencies and trends in the digital space.
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity, and timely delivery of all UX/UI requests.
- Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the department.
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects and applicable design and creative assets.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- 4+ years of experience working as a UI/UX Designer on digital platforms including desktop, mobile web, mobile app, and connected devices.
- Strong, readily available portfolio of design work including examples of desktop, mobile web, app experiences, and connected devices.
- Notable experience and proficiency with industry standard design tools and software including Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Adobe After Effects, InVision, and Figma.
- Working knowledge and understanding of HTML, CSS, WordPress, information architecture, and other web technologies.
- Understanding of user interface design and visual design sensibility.
- Ability to conceptualize, design, and deliver experiences.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, production assets, and other communication artifacts.
- Ability to communicate user needs and demonstrate how proposed designs solve those to internal team and other stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate with designers, strategists, managers, and technologists.
- Ability to expertly articulate ideas, design decisions, and design work to senior level stakeholders.
- Knowledge of user-centered design philosophy and process w/ a strong attention to detail and passion for excellence.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Strong research skills, and interest in keeping a pulse on user psychology and the digital space.
- Superb organizational and multi-tasking skills, and ability to successfully prioritize.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, loosely structured, growing and changing work environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must embrace the NESN Core Values: People, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Teamwork, Diversity, Integrity, Accountability, Passion, Social Responsibility.
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.