Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Are you enthusiastic about being creative to help your clients achieve their goals? This is the opportunity of a lifetime. Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
The Human Resources Intern will be a member of a dynamic team delivering great service to our internal and external customers and providing administrative and data entry support to the HR department. They will assist the HR Team, when needed in the overall development and delivery of HR programs and services designed to meet the needs of employees. Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate and updated employee files in accordance with company policies and government regulations.
- Provide employee support in various HRIS including, but not limited to, password resets
- Assist in communications around event management including planning and coordination, invitations, agendas, and calendar management
- Provides administrative and clerical support in all functional areas of the human resources department including employment, staffing, benefits administration and training
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality, professionalism, attention to detail and customer service
- Conducts research on HR best practices to support various programs and projects
- Be part of a cohesive team with a singular focus on creating the best possible employee experience
- Successfully complete other related tasks and projects as needed
- Completing a BA/BS degree Business Management/Administration, Human Resources, or other business-related degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (both cumulative and major)
- 0-2 years of experience from a previous internship, coursework, or through a student organization.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently while also adopting a collaborative approach to achieving results.
- Must embrace the NESN Core Values; People, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Teamwork, Diversity, Integrity, Accountability, Passion and Social Responsibility
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.