Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Are you enthusiastic about being creative to help your clients achieve their goals? This is the opportunity of a lifetime. Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
Reporting to the Digital Production Manager, the Content Producer will make key contributions to successfully producing, distributing, and promoting video content on NESN’s digital platforms. The Video Content Producer will shoot, edit, live stream, and upload original video segments for use on NESN’s video platforms. She/he also will be responsible for editing NESN television segments to fit into NESN’s video platforms and syndication specifications. Additionally, she/he will work with other NESN departments (including sales, social media and marketing) to promote NESN’s video content via search/social media in accordance with best practices and web analytics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shoot, edit, and post NESN.com original videos and NESN on-air segments to NESN’s video platforms
- Edit and apply metadata to all video content for use on NESN.com and our syndication partners
- Communicate with syndication partners to ensure NESN video content is prominently featured
- Produce and execute live streams of select news/sports events
- Demonstrate expertise in relevant concepts and processes with technical/software tools
- 1+ years of experience in video production in a professional newsroom setting preferred
- BA or BS, preferably in a communications or technical discipline
- Detailed understanding of web video editing and blog software (such as WordPress) preferred
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut and/or Avid video editing preferred
- Experience with DSLR and ENG cameras preferred
- Understanding of field audio concepts (experience with wireless systems a plus)
- Experience with multi-cam digital production systems; TriCaster experience is a plus
- Experience with HTML and CSS preferred
- Experience with internal web analytics systems (Google Analytics) is a plus
- Knowledge of New England and national sports preferred
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and produce creative, high-quality work on tight deadlines
- Must possess strong communication, organizational and project management skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently but also within a team environment
- Ability to work afternoon-evening hours and weekends/holidays as needed
- Must embrace the NESN Core Values; People, Customer Focus, Adaptability, Teamwork, Diversity, Integrity, Accountability, Passion, Social Responsibility
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.