Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Are you enthusiastic about being creative to help your clients achieve their goals? This is the opportunity of a lifetime. Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
The Dining Playbook Coordinator is responsible for supporting day-to-day sales needs, with minor Production assistance on a weekly basis for Dining Playbook (DPB) with Billy Costa and Jenny Johnson. This role will be responsible for maintaining and in some cases enhancing the Dining Playbook brand, through social media and marketing efforts.
In addition, this position will coordinate and support vendors, clients, on-air talent, and other NESN staff to ensure successful execution of DPB’s production. This role will assist with creative aspects of the show, including researching new ideas for segments and posting for Dining Playbook digital platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with Dining Playbook Sales & Marketing Manager to ensure proper production and execution of elements for both weekly programs and client events
- Use creative writing skills to create publications for our digital platforms, including the Dining Playbook website, YouTube page, and newsletter
- Partner with Dining Playbook Sales & Marketing Manager to help identify new opportunities for Dining Playbook sponsorships within the show.
- Utilizes organization skills to follow up and expedite the flow of information between NESN, the show and its clients
- Coordinate elements of the production schedule, including short-term and long-term scheduling for production, calling clients, and organizing shoots, and scheduling participants for shoots.
- Responsible for creating and executing weekly timeline and show rundowns for Dining Playbook episodes as well as researching and pitching locations and venues for upcoming episodes.
- Coordinate videographer schedules to ensure envisioned stories come to life and incorporate agreed upon contract elements
- Leverage communication skills to act as a liaison between vendors and production teams for weekly shows as well as Dining Playbook events
- Booking different segments for the show and social media to highlight the experiences of Billy Costa and Jenny Johnson.
- May assist with reviewing scripts for clients when necessary
- Complete other related tasks and projects as necessary
- 1-2 years of related experience in sales or marketing
- Experience with creative writing and copywriting strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of digital media and sponsorship coordination is strongly preferred
- Proficient with MS Office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; proven ability to learn and apply new software applications quickly.
- Strong research skills, and interest in keeping a pulse in the food and hospitality space
- Superb organizations and multi-tasking skills and ability to successful prioritize
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively in team environment; good ability to work in a fast-paced, loosely structured, growing and changing work environment
- Must have a high level of professionalism, pleasant demeanor, and positive attitude.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must embrace the NESN core values: People, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Diversity, Integrity, Accountability, Passion, Social Responsibility
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.