Do you want to work for two of the most iconic franchises in all of sports? Are you enthusiastic about being creative to help your clients achieve their goals? This is the opportunity of a lifetime. Come to NESN and work with the most talented broadcasting teams in the country.
Reporting to the Digital Video Manager, the NESN Video Talent will make key contributions as an on-camera representative across NESN’s digital and linear platforms.
The Reporter/Host, I will conceptualize ideas and partner with content producers and video managers to produce, write, and edit video content that engages, informs, and entertains NESN’s audience.
Additionally, she/he will work with NESN’s social media producer to promote NESN’s video content via search/social media in accordance with best practices.
- Host and report for digital video assignments, with some additional linear/TV responsibilities on an as-needed basis
- Record, write, edit, and post video content across all NESN digital platforms
- Work closely with the NESN video team to brainstorm, develop and execute video content packages that fulfill various initiatives (news, sales, marketing, etc.)
- Communicate with NESN digital writers for story/segment content ideas
- Ensure NESN digital video content has a consistent and appropriate “look and feel” and editorial voice. Content should be compelling, engaging, and informative
- Edit and apply metadata to all video content for use on NESN.com and our syndication partners
- Develop, implement, and maintain an efficient content workflow within the digital video team
- 1+ years of experience in reporting/anchoring in a professional newsroom setting preferred
- BA or BS, preferably in journalism or communications
- Excellent news judgment and strong knowledge of New England teams and national sports required
- Proven writing and copy-editing skills, with a strong knowledge of AP style and SEO
- Non-linear editing experience
- High proficiency with non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere and/or Avid video editing preferred)
- Understanding and experience using various social media platforms, including web analytics (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc)
- Must possess strong communication, organizational and project management skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently but also within a team environment
- Ability to work afternoon-evening hours and weekends/holidays as needed
Who We Are
NESN (New England Sports Network) is owned by the Boston Red Sox and Boston Bruins, and delivered to over 4 million homes throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. The definitive source for New England sports programming, NESN consistently has been one of the top-rated regional sports networks in the country, with a reputation for innovative and award-winning production of sports events and specials.
Our professional environment is passionate, adaptable, creative, filled with aspiring individuals who are driven to grow with our company. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
NESN is proud to be a diverse and inclusive employer. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.