We are a next-gen cybernetics start-up backed by a few top-tier investors (led by NEA).
Our R&D blends robotics, machine learning, and high-fidelity simulation. We aim to push the boundaries of what intelligent systems are capable of achieving both autonomously and in collaboration with humans.
You can expect to be part of something exciting at the contour of human knowledge.
About the Role
We are looking for a Robotics Software Engineer to join our fast-growing team of highly skilled professionals and work on breakthrough robotics technology.
In this role, you will integrate and test robotics embedded systems and sensors, both in the real-world and in hardware-in-the-loop simulation. Collaborate with multifunctional teams who work close to the metal, as well as consumers of sensor data.
This role requires close collaboration with teammates on-site in our robotics lab located in the Greater Boston Area. We will provide you with relocation assistance for this role.
You are a proactive and thorough engineer, passionate about robotics and autonomous systems. You stay on top of the latest techniques and best practices. You love coming up with new ideas as much as you love building them. Getting to the bottom of problems is what lets you come up with phenomenal solutions.
If you’re eager to make a real impact on creating the future of state-of-the-art intelligent robotics, we want you on our team.
- Work on-site in our robotics lab in the Greater Boston area
- Drive development of the robotics platform and the roadmap for embedded systems on more advanced robotics.
- Integrate and test robotics embedded systems and sensors, in the real-world and in hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams working close to the metal, as well as internal consumers of sensor data.
Your Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2-3+ years of linux software development (incl. School exp, internship)
- proficient software engineering experience (Python, C/C++, and bash)
- Hands-on experience with embedded PCs, Raspberry Pis, Arduino, embedded processor AND/OR on simulation engine, game engine, computer vision, robotics
- Familiar / interested with robotics (you tried to work with robots)
What Will Make You Standout
- 2+ years of industry experience in robotics, drones, or autonomous vehicles
- Experience developing robotic navigation and manipulation systems
- Hands-on experience with a variety of sensors and actuators (RGB+D cameras, LIDAR, IMU, DC motor controllers, etc)
- Experience with communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART
- 3D printing or rapid prototyping
- Experience with ROS, Gazebo, navigation/Nav2, MoveIt!
- Experience with Nvidia embedded systems
- Familiarity with ARM hardware architecture and software development
- High-tech environment with unique focus on Research & Development.
- Freedom to make ground-breaking decisions.
- Highly competitive employment terms.
- Significant stock.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Flexible schedule and unlimited Out of Office Plan (we encourage 4+ weeks/year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.