We are a next-gen cybernetics start-up backed by a few top-tier investors (led by NEA).
Our R&D blends robotics, machine learning, and high-fidelity simulation. We aim to push the boundaries of what intelligent systems are capable of achieving both autonomously and in collaboration with humans.
Before starting Neo Cybernetica, our CEO founded the unicorn AI company DataRobot and led for almost a decade while working directly with worldwide customers across many industries.
You can expect to be part of something exciting at the contour of human knowledge.
About the Role
As an AI Research Engineer, you will apply cutting edge research in AI/Robotics to solve real world problems. Your primary responsibility will be to design and implement algorithms for creating world models. You will have plenty of opportunities to apply tools in new and unique ways or design new algorithms as needed. In this role, you will work directly on the core technology of our company. You will have opportunities to see the results of your work both in real and virtual worlds.
You are a self-motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and resiliency.
- Advanced degree in an Engineering or Science field or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record of pragmatic and creative problem solving.
- Hands-on experience with sequence modeling using the SOTA algorithms (Transformers, RNNs, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with World Modelling and model-based RL
- Strong coding skills and hands-on experience in Python.
- Experience with python ML libraries such as scikit-learn, PyTorch, Keras, gym etc.
- Ability to communicate your work effectively through documents, presentations, and reports to stakeholders.
- Advanced degrees (MS/PhD) in the stem field.
- Solid understanding of (both theoretical and practical) the vanilla versions of traditional RL, supervised ML, and unsupervised ML algorithms such as Q-learning, actor-critic, classifiers, regressors, PCA, k-means etc.
- Hands-on experience with Hierarchical Reinforcement Learning (HRL)
- Experience with time series analysis.
- Hands-on experience with robotics, control systems, and optimization.
- Experience in fast paced environments like startups
A way to stand out from the crowd is to have a well-thought-out position on the topic:
“What are the major limitations of AI systems today and what are the practical ways to combat them?”
- High-tech environment with unique focus on Research & Development.
- Freedom to make ground-breaking decisions.
- Highly competitive employment terms.
- Significant stock.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Flexible schedule and unlimited Out of Office Plan (we encourage 4+ weeks/year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.