We are a next-gen cybernetics start-up backed by a few top-tier investors (led by NEA).
Our R&D blends robotics, machine learning, and high-fidelity simulation. We aim to push the boundaries of what intelligent systems are capable of achieving both autonomously and in collaboration with humans.
Before starting Neo Cybernetica, our CEO founded the unicorn AI company DataRobot and led for almost a decade while working directly with worldwide customers across many industries.
You can expect to be part of something exciting at the contour of human knowledge.
About the Role
As a Senior Robotics Software Engineer at Neo Cybernetica, you will function as a subject matter expert in the field of robotics software stacks helping the team to design, develop and demonstrate novel robotic systems.
You will own the robotics software development as well as the integration & testing expertise to bring up intelligent unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) running ROS2 on state-of-the-art hardware.
In this role, you will work closely with a phenomenal team of hardworking roboticists and engineers with deep expertise in robotics, machine learning, and software engineering.
This role requires close collaboration with teammates on-site in our robotics lab located in the Greater Boston Area. We will provide you with relocation assistance for this role.
You are a proactive and thorough engineer passionate about robotics software development, always leaving the code at a better state than you found it.
You live and breathe robots (AMR) or autonomous systems, continuously learn and apply new domain knowledge to get robotic capabilities to the level of breakthroughs that wow the world.
- Architect, build, and maintain high-quality robotics software to conform to company code style guide and maintainability standards.
- Software design and implementation of robot motion, actuators, and sensors on state-of-the-art robotics hardware to all aspects of autonomous vehicle and robotic systems.
- Own the integration & testing (I&T) software infrastructure code, data, and best practices.
- Collaborate with the R&D team of roboticists to demonstrate real world applications of machine intelligence systems.
- Stay up to date with new research and novel findings in the fields of robotics and artificial intelligence.
Your Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of industry experience in robotics, drones, or autonomous vehicles
- 5+ years using and attaining proficiency with C/C++ and Python
- 2+ years experience with ROS on embedded systems running Linux
- Experience with middleware such as ROS2 DDS, RTI DDS, and MQTT
- Deep hands-on experience developing and debugging robot motion, actuators, and sensors on physical (not only simulated) hardware.
- Familiarity with perception software such as camera calibration, pose estimation, SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping), VIO (visual inertial odometry), and motion path planning
- Working knowledge of communication protocols (UART, SPI, I2C)
- Use your excellent written and verbal communication skills to align teamwork.
- Work on-site in our robotics lab in the Greater Boston area.
What Will Make You Standout
- Experience developing on Nvidia Jetson platforms
- Experience using open-source drone development tools and flight controllers (e.g., Pixhawk PX4)
- Experience with simulation software (Gazebo, Rviz, Isaac, Simulink etc.)
- High proficiency with multi-threaded applications
- Experience using 3D sensors (RGBD, stereo cameras, lidar etc.)
- Hands-on experience with event-based cameras
- High-tech environment with unique focus on Research & Development.
- Freedom to make ground-breaking decisions.
- Highly competitive employment terms.
- Significant stock.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Flexible schedule and unlimited Out of Office Plan (we encourage 4+ weeks/year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.