We are a next-gen cybernetics start-up backed by a few top-tier investors (led by NEA).
Our R&D blends robotics, machine learning, and high-fidelity simulation. We aim to push the boundaries of what intelligent systems are capable of achieving both autonomously and in collaboration with humans.
Before starting Neo Cybernetica, our CEO founded the unicorn AI company DataRobot and led for almost a decade while working directly with worldwide customers across many industries.
You can expect to be part of something exciting at the contour of human knowledge.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced 3D Modeller and procedural pipeline developer looking to bring their work to life as a robotics playground. In this role, you will help propel machine intelligence toward AI for Good by generating environments and interactive models to support large-scale simulation, used by a worldwide team of world-class AI engineers.
You will be part of our simulation team whose mission is to enable us to embody robots with thoughtful planning skills for countless real-world challenges by simulating worlds where they can learn independently and collaborate with humans.
As the Senior Technical Artist (Procedural) you will lead the process of creating reconfigurable simulation environments.
You are a humble yet driven technical artist excited about seeing your work used at the intersection of simulation, robotics, and AI. You are comfortable with developing a wide variety of assets, ranging from environments to rigid body simulation.
- Build an end-to-end pipeline for constructing procedural environments.
- Collaborate with simulation and robotics engineers on how to use your assets in simulation.
- Incorporate scene synthesis tools for generation of randomized urban landscapes.
- Advice on best practices to guide the improvement of the asset creation pipeline.
- Maintain a library of models, textures, and photorealistic materials.
- Be able to randomize the appearance and layout of environments to generate an infinite variety of test cases.
- 5+ years experience in games, film, or simulation
- 3+ years of experience creating photorealistic 3D environments
- Proficiency in developing procedural modeling/generation tools with Houdini or other tools
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming using Python is required.
- Experience with asset creation and management for game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Familiarity with Reality Capture pipelines and cleanup tools
- Deep understanding of texture mapping
- Proficiency with modelling accurate and efficient 3D models (Maya, Blender, etc.)
- Proficiency with texture/image editing software (Photoshop, Gimp, etc.)
- Some experience and knowledge of NVIDIA Omniverse
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Some experience and knowledge of Linux
- Exposure to BIM/CAD software (Revit, SketchFab, etc.)
- Competitive salaries
- Significant stock
- Flexible schedule
- Freedom to make ground-breaking decisions
- Unlimited time off (we encourage 4+ weeks/year)
- “Exploration day” each week when you can research a topic of your choosing.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage