We are a next-gen cybernetics start-up backed by a few top-tier investors (led by NEA).
Our R&D blends robotics, machine learning, and high-fidelity simulation. We aim to push the boundaries of what intelligent systems are capable of achieving both autonomously and in collaboration with humans. We are building a developer-facing cloud-based platform that makes robots smarter, safer and human compatible
You can expect to be part of something exciting at the contour of human knowledge.
About the Role
Our simulation team is seeking an experienced Photogrammetry Technical Artist who combines software engineering skills, 3D graphics, and sensor simulation to create realistic simulation for robotics. In this role, you will help propel machine intelligence toward AI for Good by creating procedural workflows for asset and environment generation, then produce high-quality scans with detailed meshes and excellent texture qualities, support simulated environments, and work with Senior Technical Artist to maintain and improve our proprietary scan tools.
As a Photogrammetry Technical Artist at Neo Cybernetica you will:
- Work closely with robotics and cybernetics teams to understand their requests.
- Deliver relevant high-quality scanned models for simulation development.
- Provide input in tools development and improve pipelines to ensure the best results from our production workflows and processes.
- Work with the team organizing, documenting, and maintaining workflows and processes used through the photogrammetry pipeline.
- Discuss and plan possible scan locations with Simulation Team.
- Operate, refine, and maintain proprietary scan equipment.
- Support and help create production tools used in new pipelines and future tech.
- Stay current with latest technologies and research ongoing in the field.
Your background includes:
- 3+ years of experience scanning environments and 3D modelling photogrammetry.
- Experience with one or more capture software (e.g. Metashape, RealityCapture, etc).
- A demo reel demonstrating exceptional skills in photographing, processing, and finishing scans from various disciplines.
- Photography experience – a full understanding of cameras and lighting.
- Experience with 3D asset management.
- Flexibility to travel and have a driver’s license.
- Strong communication, self-management, and organizational skills.
Experience in any of the followings:
- Drone flying experience and qualifications.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience configuring motion capture systems.
- Knowledge of DCC software (Houdini, Substance, Zbrush, 3D Max, Maya, Photoshop, etc).
- Experience with multi-node capture rigs.
- Knowledge of PBR workflows.
- Experience in game art production.
- Experience using game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity, or proprietary tech).
- Knowledge of creating in-game assets.
- Professional experience as an Artist or 3D Modeller in games.
- Competitive salaries
- Significant stock
- Flexible schedule
- Freedom to make ground-breaking decisions
- Unlimited time off (we encourage 4+ weeks/year)
- “Exploration day” each week when you can research a topic of your choosing.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage