We are a next-gen cybernetics start-up backed by a few top-tier investors (led by NEA).
Our R&D blends robotics, machine learning, and high-fidelity simulation. We aim to push the boundaries of what intelligent systems are capable of achieving both autonomously and in collaboration with humans.
Before starting Neo Cybernetica, our CEO founded the unicorn AI company DataRobot and led for almost a decade while working directly with worldwide customers across many industries.
You can expect to be part of something exciting at the contour of human knowledge.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced 3D Modeler and FX Animator looking to bring their work to life as a robotics playground. In this role, you will help propel machine intelligence toward AI for Good by building the environments and interactive models to support large-scale simulation used by a worldwide team of world-class AI engineers.
You will be part of our simulation domain whose mission is to enable our Robotics and Cybernetics domains to “Embody robots with thoughtful planning skills for countless real-world challenges by simulating worlds where they can learn independently and collaborate with humans.” This role will be dedicated to creating these worlds, and in turn enabling Robotics and Cybernetics to learn in simulation.
As the Sr Technical Artist you will own the process of creating simulation environments using a variety of Digital Twins and Reality Capture and you will own the asset management of simulation environments.
You are a humble yet driven technical artist excited about seeing your work used at the intersection of simulation, robotics, and AI. You are comfortable with developing a wide variety of assets, ranging from props and environments to rigid body simulation.
- 5+ years experience in games, film, AR/VR or related
- 3+ years experience producing digital content in a team environment
- Experience with asset creation and management for game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Familiarity with Reality Capture pipelines and cleanup tools
- Deep understanding of texture mapping
- Proficiency with modeling accurate and efficient 3D models (Maya, Blender, etc.)
- Proficiency with texture/image editing software (Photoshop, Gimp, etc.)
- Exposure to source code versioning systems (Git, Perforce, etc.)
- Procedural asset creation experience a plus
- Exposure to BIM/CAD software (Revit, SketchFab, etc.) a plus
- Some experience and knowledge of Omniverse
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Some experience and knowledge of Linux
- As a Senior Technical Artist at Neo Cybernetica, construct both exterior and interior environments, including lighting, props, and animation.
- Use a Reality Capture methodology to achieve photorealism and extend sets.
- Advice on best practices to guide the improvement of the asset creation pipeline.
- Work with minimal direction, while reporting progress, roadblocks, and alternatives.
- Maintain a library of models, textures, and photorealistic materials.
- Collaborate with simulation and robotics engineers on how to use your assets.
- Build an end-to-end environment creation pipeline and use it to generate many environments.
- Incorporate scene synthesis tools for generation of randomized urban landscapes.
- Be able to randomize the appearance and layout of environments to generate an infinite variety of test cases.
- Competitive salaries
- Significant stock
- Flexible schedule
- Freedom to make ground-breaking decisions
- Unlimited time off (we encourage 4+ weeks/year)
- “Exploration day” each week when you can research a topic of your choosing.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage