We’re looking for an iOS Developer to build, deploy and maintain our iOS Mobile Applications. In this role you will collaborate with our designers and engineers to create and enhance consumer-facing iOS apps.This role will give you the opportunity to help define and refine the mobile technical landscape for a growing company.
Neighborhoods.com is the first online real estate resource to put the neighborhood at the center of the home search. The platform invites visitors to imagine their life in a new area by providing a local’s perspective, including detailed descriptions and resident reviews of schools, amenities, and the surrounding community. With up-to-date listings, the company offers aspiring homeowners accurate and reliable information about market changes and new homes for sale. Neighborhoods.com and its network of real estate agents are licensed and knowledgeable experts that guide users through every step of the homebuying process—from the initial search to the closing table.
What you’ll be doing as our iOS Developer:
- Developing and Maintaining our iOS applications using Swift and the latest iOS SDKs.
- Creating application UIs in Interface Builder and in code.
- Collaborating with our Engineering team to obtain data for your apps from our internal APIs.
- Helping to build up our mobile development practice, defining standards about how we write code and how we interact with one another.
- Deploying releases of our applications through TestFlight and the App Store.
We think you could be really successful if you:
- Want to be part of a small and nimble team helping to develop and refine our mobile projects.
- Are self-motivated and curious, with the desire to initiate and own projects from start to finish.
- Are a team player and enjoy collaborating across teams to develop solutions that are the best fit for the products and your peers
- Love the challenge of managing an application designed to run on multiple devices and integrate with a number of APIs
Basic requirements to do the job:
- 2-5 years of experience working as an iOS Developer
- Strong understanding of Swift and the iOS SDK
- Understanding of RESTful web service APIs
- Strong experience working with MapKit
- Familiarity with Operations, Operation Queues, GCD, and CoreData
- Experience using CocoaPods to manage first and third party dependencies
- Understanding of MVVM, Dependency Injection, Protocol Oriented Programming, and Delegation.
Bonus Points if you have:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Analytics or a related field
- Experience with distributing via TestFlight
- A background working with geographic data
- Firebase Analytics experience
- Past experience working with Alamofire or AFNetworking
- Released an app to the App Store
- The standards: insurance, 401k with match, flexible PTO, and casual dress code
- Paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter program
- West Loop neighborhood (easy commute and lots of food options)
- Volunteer and charity opportunities
- Cold-brew coffee on tap
- Transparent and approachable leadership and management
- Help make a difference in the lives of homeowners across the country
Neighborhoods.com is an equal opportunity employer, of people from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, races, colors, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ages. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that is comfortable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We are not able to sponsor visas.