Near Space Labs is leading the next generation of Earth imaging. We design, build and operate a fleet of proprietary, stratospheric balloons called Swiftys. Our Swiftys fly to the edge of space to deliver high quality, highly updated imagery of our planet at down to earth prices.
Our innovations don’t stop at image capture. Customers need us to process and serve data in a format that is easily accessible for their data scientists, product managers, geographers, and remote sensing specialists. We make it easy for them to quickly and seamlessly evaluate the dynamics of our planet, climate, and urban environments.
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic, growth-minded Federal Business Development Associate to join our founding revenue team. The successful candidate will have previous experience building a government strategy at an early-stage, fast-paced, technical startup. This is a high impact role reporting to the VP of Sales. We are seeking candidates who are excited to roll up their sleeves and disrupt the remote sensing industry.
How you spend your time:
- Create and manage new opportunities: research and analyze inbound and targeted prospects, and compile and prepare all necessary information to build the business case for clients.
- Work independently and contribute to internal and external partners on creating new opportunities
- Work interoperable with other internal teams to support initiatives, as needed and manage existing customer relationships.
- Keep clean and up to date records about clients, their responses and projects in CRM database
- Contribute to business development and technology innovations as needed
- Strategize on new concepts for outreach campaigns for new prospects and new territories
- Support in the development of existing and future processes.
- Stay updated on technology and customer behaviors
- Manage the coordination of inbound responses (RFPs, RFIs, RFQs and similar). Qualify and move them into and through a sales process either as the sales lead or as part of a sales support team.
- Present demos of NSL's solutions and educates customers and prospects as needed (virtually and off-site as needed)
- Manage CRM Platform and is expected to create and develop processes and procedures to streamline systems for the organization.
- Ensure accurate and timely order delivery of NSL's products and services.
- Develop a strong understanding of Near Space Lab's customer's territories and areas for targeted growth
- Have a strong understanding of selling new technology into the government
- Minimum of 5-10 years previous Inside Sales, Sales, or Business Development experience
- Experience with U.S. Government Defense or Civil Customers
- Understanding of government contracts, defense procurement, and relevant purchasing methods (SBIR, IDIQ, etc)
- Technical understanding of geospatial/imagery, hardware and supporting software.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of business development processes, marketing, preparing quotes or proposals, and negotiations.
- Experience owning customer relationships and leveraging those relationships to expand the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills..
- Independent thinker who can evaluate multiple situations and make sound decisions.
- Strong ability to interpret and analyze data, translating it into business strategy and development messaging. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Prior experience acting independently and using discretion and good judgment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience using HubSpot or similar CRM.
- Experience conducting product analysis using market research techniques and a solid technical understanding of customer needs and requirements
- Remote with preference given to candidates in the DC area
- 200 hours annual Paid Time Off;
- 72 hours sick leave;
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage;
- Monthly learning & development reimbursement
What we offer:
- An exciting startup culture where you will have the opportunity to play a critical role in building and scaling a one-of-a-kind technology and organization.
- You will be part of an enthusiastic, international and motivated team of professionals who are committed to building unique technologies, being rigorous, and finding novel solutions to interesting problems.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
- A commitment that you will never be bored.
Equal employment opportunity:
Near Space Labs is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.