Neara is a high-growth, venture-backed Series B, tech company headquartered in Sydney. We work with 75% of the utilities in Australia and New Zealand and are growing rapidly across the US and Europe. Our mission is to revolutionize the utilities industry by helping them future-proof their infrastructure and navigate the challenges of the clean energy transition. Our 3D digital network model enables utilities to simulate various scenarios and make informed decisions to protect their assets and communities.
As our Customer Success Engineer for Neara in the USA, you will be responsible for providing our customers with expert consulting and advice and assisting the team in achieving our strategic targets and growth objectives in North America. You will actively manage and grow relationships with new and existing clients at different seniority levels, and you will need to have extensive experience in the utility sector. Working closely with the product development team, you will also assist in testing new features prior to release, providing a high quality of technical support and training Neara end users.
Your success in this role hinges on a strong working knowledge of powerline design software and transmission design principles. We expect you to bring extensive understanding in utility management and operations, ideally complemented by a solid knowledge base of geospatial solutions.
You will be reporting to the VP, Customer Success for the USA with whom you will be working closely to achieve goals and objectives for our North American Operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drawing on your deep engineering knowledge, meet with customers to discuss their unique problems and proactively develop commercially viable, pragmatic and sound solutions to help solve these in our software platform.
- Strategise with the sales and customer success teams to create customized solutions and address unique customer and market needs.
- Work closely with product development teams to identify, prioritize, and test key features prior to release.
- Provide high-quality and sound engineering advice and technical support to Neara end users.
- Conduct customer training that encompasses platform best practices for the purpose of achieving an end result in an innovative and principled manner.
- Design, develop and deliver technical demonstrations or implementation proofs of concept to customers to demonstrate platform capability.
- Provide sales and customer success teams with expert consulting and advice and support technical queries.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships, in particular with your counterparts involved in platform use and implementation.
WHO YOU ARE
- Someone with genuine enthusiasm for your craft, for solving problems, and for bringing others along on that journey; someone who cares about both sound engineering implementation and at the same time innovative or creative solutions.
- Extensive experience in power line design and strong working knowledge of power line design software is essential.
- Training and fluency in an engineering discipline (e.g. mechanical, electrical, civil) is essential, a degree is highly regarded.
- Highly technical and conversant with concepts pertaining to power utilities operations, asset management, geospatial mapping and LIDAR.
- Knowledge in utilities operations and maintenance, preferably with a sound working knowledge of geospatial solutions.
- A problem solver, you consider all the angles to offer sound, practical and effective solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and you're able to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Commercially astute and you understand what problems power utilities customers need to solve to operate effectively.
- Data expert: scripting / database experience including a working knowledge of tools such as Python and SQL highly advantageous.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary + ESOP
- Health, vision, dental and 401K
- Excellent PTO Offering
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- The real benefit is working on a genuinely complex, innovative and industry leading product making a genuine difference in the world around us.
To apply, please use the online application link below. Neara values diversity, belonging and equal employment opportunities. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. We will endeavour to give you an update on your application within 7-10 working days.
Please note, you will require current and unrestricted working rights to be considered for the role. Unfortunately we are not in a position to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
** No agencies or third party service providers please **
Questions? Email email@example.com.