Neara is a high-growth, venture-backed Series B, tech company headquartered in Sydney. We work with 75% of the utilities in Australia and New Zealand and are growing rapidly across the US and Europe. Our mission is to revolutionise the utilities industry by helping them future-proof their infrastructure and navigate the challenges of the clean energy transition. Our 3D digital network model enables utilities to simulate various scenarios and make informed decisions to protect their assets and communities.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will create optimised, state of the art 3D graphical user interfaces and build physics simulation engines that scale across millions of assets.
Some of the things you will contribute to:
- Developing approaches to generate accurate models from imperfect data using deep learning and classical algorithms
- Developing approaches for intelligent network scale insights
- Developing and optimize training pipelines
- Developing data structures that can perform in real-time with user interaction on large underlying data sets
- Working with a variety of data sources, including LiDAR, aerial photography & photogrammetry, and structured data.
- Putting your software engineering skills to the test in organising functionality for many use cases in a complex domain (this is not an "on click button, send RPC" kind of application)
- Mentoring other engineers in best practices
Some attributes we highly regard:
- Background in software development and machine learning coupled
- You have a superb working knowledge of Python and C++ (Java is a plus).
- Most of all, you’re passionate about Machine Learning and building best-in-class, complex software solutions.
- An expert in Deep Learning and can bring new ideas to the business on how best to solve our customers' unique problems in our software platform.
Some of the benefits we have on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful ESOP
- Fully Flexible Work Environment. We have a fully stocked office (and impressive snack collection) in Redfern.
- Regular office events
- The real benefit is working on a genuinely complex, innovative and industry leading product making a genuine difference in the world around us
To apply, please use the online application link below. Neara values diversity, belonging and equal employment opportunities. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. We will endeavour to give you an update on your application within 7-10 working days.
Please note, you will require current and unrestricted working rights to be considered for the role. Unfortunately we are not in a position to offer visa sponsorship at this time.
** No agencies or third party service providers please **
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.