Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role
The Protocol Engineering team at Pagoda is responsible for the infrastructure of the Layer 1 Blockchain, NEAR Protocol. We focus on building a scalable, performant, and reliable infrastructure to actualize visions of NEAR Protocol, including the Blockchain Operating System (BOS).
We are looking for an Engineer with experience in low-level programming who is intrigued by a variety of open problems inherent to running compilers in completely trustless but high-performance settings, and who likes contributing to and collaborating with open-source communities.
What You'll Be Doing
In this role, you will be solving cutting-edge compiler and VM problems related to safe, deterministic, and high-performance compilation and execution. You will interface with many open-source projects where you might be asked to represent the NEAR organization. In the future, your work might also extend beyond WebAssembly VMs into other types of VMs that NEAR chooses to support. You’ll work on a collaborative and globally distributed team of world class experienced engineers, providing an opportunity to learn and grow your technical skill set.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience using Rust, C, or C++ in a production environment. We can teach you Rust if you are already a C or C++ expert
- Familiarity with low-level programming (compilers, operating systems, hypervisors, etc)
- Experience designing, maintaining, and debugging distributed systems built with open source tools
- Solid foundation with Algorithms and Data Structures and their real world use cases
- Demonstrated success working on a globally distributed team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We'd Love If You Have
- Contributions to open-source software
- Experience with Rust API design
- Experience with virtual machines
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2023 in Spain!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
Our Values at Pagoda
Our values express our company culture. Learn more on our careers page.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.