Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let's build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role:
The Protocol Node team is looking for an experienced software engineer to focus on the experience of running NEAR’s blockchain client: making the client easy to run, improving its stability and performance, optimizing the resources it consumes. The work done by the Node team expands over infrastructure, client code, protocol code and release engineering, since all these components impact the experience of running the NEAR client.
You will be working with complex concurrent systems, low-level code, complicated state machines, novel algorithms and infrastructure automation. You will be expected to fully own various components or features and drive their implementation from beginning to end, including the design, the implementation, the maintenance, and the documentation. You will be surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers who will be holding you to the same standards.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with a globally distributed team
- Own major blockchain protocol and client features
- Lead the design and implementation of Rust components end to end
- Contribute to the team’s technical roadmap
- Facilitate cross-functional work within the organization
- Facilitate discussions and debates, consolidating different perspectives to drive decisions to execution
- Anticipate risks and uncertainties and plan mitigations for them.
- Directly impact the team by reducing complexity of architectures, implementations, and processes.
- Set the right tempo for you and the team to deliver large initiatives on time.
- End-to-end ownership of your work (design, implementation, documentation, maintenance)
- Performance tuning and optimizations
What We're Looking For:
- Ability to quickly learn and grasp complex engineering concepts; we expect you to obtain a very good understanding of the blockchain protocol
- An effective communicator and ability to remain calm under pressure and when juggling multiple priorities
- Being comfortable with diving in multiple parts of a technology stack and quickly navigate through it
- Fluency with algorithms and data structures
- Excellent coding skills
- Ability to go from design to implementation fast
- Your work is done carefully with a great attention to detail
- Experience with Rust or alternatively but less preferred C++ or Go
- Experience with concurrency or parallelism
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Familiarity with internals of other blockchains
- Knowledge of cryptography
- Knowledge of compilers or virtual machines
- Knowledge of networks or operating systems
- Experience debugging complex concurrent systems
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (60 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2023 in Spain!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
Our Values at Pagoda
Our values express our company culture. Learn more on our careers page.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.