Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2022 in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
The Pagoda Security team is looking for a Senior DevSecOps Engineer to join their growing team. This is a new role where you will have the freedom to influence many key technical security decisions and really make a difference.
Reporting to the Director of Security Operations, this role will combine programmatic and hand-on aspects of DevSecOps.
What You'll Be Doing:
- A ‘hands on’ role, selecting, developing and maintaining the right security tools to provide high levels of security assurance across Pagoda
- Establish DevOps standards and procedures for bringing software into production into AWS, GCP, and other platforms.
- You will champion security throughout the engineering and site reliability teams so that security tooling is simple, scalable and highly effective for engineers and developers to use.
- Automation, guardrails, and reporting over manual configuration and intervention is a primary goal.
- Analyze applications, systems, and infrastructure to identify key security risks and recommend and drive security improvements
- Maintain, review, propose and implement security improvements to existing infrastructure, tools and processes–bringing them up to a common, established standard
- Work closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to design and define secure architectures, processes, and patterns
- Establish reference guidelines and patterns that can be re-used for front-end and cloud-deployed systems across the NEAR ecosystem and for those projects building with Pagoda; resulting in Web3 community security awareness and improvements..
What We're Looking For:
- Technical related Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience is a must
- Ideally you’ll have 5+ years of experience in a modern Security DevOps environment
- Deep understanding of security vulnerabilities and mitigations, and an ability to model threats and risks for large, complex systems
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system, and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
- Good understanding of cloud infrastructure and platforms such as AWS, GCP, and their various XaaS and serverless offerings
- Experience integrating security requirements into the CI/CD pipeline
- Experience automating security tools
We'd Love If You Have:
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (2 x 60 minutes)
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you’ll ideally be located in United States.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.