Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2022 in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
The NEAR Protocol Engineering team is looking for an engineer to work on the protocol specification and its implementation in Rust. You will be working with complex concurrent systems, low-level code, complicated state machines, and novel algorithms.
You will be expected to fully own various components and drive their implementation from beginning to end, including the design, the implementation, the maintenance, and the documentation. You will be surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers who will be holding you to the same standards.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team.
- Design and implementation of various complex Rust components.
- End-to-end ownership of various components.
- Design of new protocol changes.
- Performance tuning and optimizations.
- Work with open source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities.
- Participating in the on-call rotation.
What We're Looking For:
- Fluency with algorithms and data structures.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies fast.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Ability to go from design to implementation fast.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with Rust or alternatively but less preferred C++ or Go.
- Experience with concurrency or parallelism.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Familiarity with internals of other blockchains.
- Knowledge of cryptography.
- Knowledge of compilers or virtual machines.
- Knowledge of networks or operating systems.
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.