Pagoda, formerly Near Inc, is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2021’s was in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
We are looking for a productive, meticulous, and empathetic leader who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable with challenging technical problems, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
The NEAR Protocol Engineering team is looking for an engineering leader to spearhead adoption of Zero Knowledge (ZK) technologies in the NEAR ecosystem, which have become increasingly important in the blockchain industry. You will be expected to both understand ZK tech and build a world-class team to work on various applications of ZK technologies, including, but not limited to, signature compression, Zero-Knowledge light client, private transactions, etc. The team you build is expected to develop various developer and end-user products, integrate ZK into the blockchain protocol, and provide ZK expertise for the rest of the organization. You will be expected to project technical excellence, accountability, and empathy for the rest of the team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Building a great engineering team, ensuring the happiness and productivity of the individuals. We would also expect you to do a lot of hiring conversations and helping us with sourcing the candidates
- Establishing and following the minimal necessary processes, like technical roadmaps, OKRs, milestones, regular team meetings
- Communicating with the dependent parties, which includes internal teams, the external partners, and the engineering community
- Establishing a resilient team culture that can overcome any turbulence without burnout
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- We expect you to have experience working with cutting edge technologies, understand how to evaluate new ideas that you are not familiar with, and know how to communicate the implications of new technologies to different stakeholders
- While you should have a zeal for technical excellence, you should be very comfortable with balancing degrees of risk and business needs
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities
- You should be a humble and inspirational leader who is comfortable leading by example
- Familiarity with Blockchains, cryptography or zero knowledge proofs
- PHD in Mathematics or Theoretical Computer Science.
Location: North/South America/Europe/Africa
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action.Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.