Pagoda, formerly Near Inc, is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2021’s was in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
NEAR Protocol is looking for a software engineer to join our growing Core Tools team. The Core Tools team is developing libraries and frameworks that are used to build the most secure and demanding applications on NEAR blockchain. Almost the entire NEAR ecosystem represents the users of these tools, which implies huge responsibility and impact with being on this team. In this role, you will create, maintain and expand mobile client SDKs and frameworks and participate in research at the forefront of digital asset user and developer experience.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Designing, building, and maintaining our Mobile Client SDKs (Swift, Kotlin)
- Defining development priority and effort for Mobile Client SDKs (React, Flutter)
- Collaborating with internal and external engineers and community members
- Create and contribute to documentation related to mobile developer client SDKs
- Help build a team of mobile client SDK developers
- Help train and mentor more junior engineers
What We're Looking For:
- Knowledge of Kotlin and Swift
- 5+ years experience building production mobile applications and SDKs
- Demonstrated experience writing well-structured, clean, maintainable code
- Ability to learn new languages, APIs and SDKs quickly
- Experience and interest in building and documenting developer-facing tools
- Strong communication and remote friendly working skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with Ethereum development and related technologies (web3.js, ethers.js, etc)
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Technical & Leadership Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Location: Anywhere in the world
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action.Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.