Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO.
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2021’s was in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
The Applications team is looking for a person to work on our core products to build out applications on Pagoda. These projects will connect a variety of services and applications creating a unified experience for creators and builders. The scope as it currently stands, is open-ended, but some projects will be likely from the following areas: governance, tokenomics, decentralized finance, gaming, social, NFTs, business productivity, and tools.
In this role, you will build, improve, and maintain a large user-facing product that will connect multiple services together, provide controls and intelligence to those building and managing projects and applications on the NEAR protocol all while perfecting the user experience.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Building end-to-end full stack product
- Collaborating with internal and external engineers and community members
- Participating in the on-call rotation together with other engineers
What We're Looking For:
- Ability to deliver web and mobile applications end to end
- The ability to solve all sorts of full stack engineering tasks
- Understanding of React (Next.js) practices (such as state management solutions, server-side rendering)
- Ideally you’ll have 2+ years experience building production applications, libraries, APIs
- Experience and interest in building and documenting tools
- Experience with managing applications on cloud service providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Strong communication and remote friendly working skill
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with Ethereum development and related technologies (web3.js, ethers.js, etc)
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Technical & Leadership Interviews (4 x 60 minutes) - these are not take home tests of puzzles!
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Locations: Anywhere in the world
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action.Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.