NEAR Protocol is a developer-first blockchain that emphasizes convenience and speed of development on the NEAR platform while minimizing the entrance barrier for developers coming from the blockchain ecosystem, as well as regular web and mobile development space.
The mission of NEAR Inc is to help launch decentralized projects, which includes among other things providing the platform, the tooling, and the core applications to integrate with.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. NEAR is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
About The Role:
As part of the Applications division you will oversee development of some core applications that decentralized projects would be using or integrating with. These applications will have an emphasis on quality, safety, and interoperability with other NEAR Inc tools. The scope, as it currently stands, is open-ended, but some projects will be likely from the following areas: governance, tokenomics, decentralized finance, games, social.
This position requires working with engineers of diverse skills, including full stack, front-end, and smart contract developers. You will be using the products developed by the other two engineering divisions: Developer Platform and Protocol. You are expected to work closely with Product Managers, community, and partners.
What You'll Be Doing:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and growing a team inside the Application division. Overseeing growth of individual contributors and team leaders. Ensuring the happiness and productivity of the individuals;
- Establishing the product feedback loop, working with product managers, developer relations, partners, and the community;
- Establishing and following the minimal necessary processes, like technical roadmaps, OKRs, milestones, regular team meetings;
- Establishing resilient team culture that can overcome any turbulence without burnout;
- Leading by example, writing the code, fixing bugs, and participating in design discussions when it is necessary to help the engineers working with you.
What We're Looking For:
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities;
- You should have a holistic understanding of how your team integrates with the rest of the organization, including all functions like: people ops, developer relations, product management, business development, etc;
- You should be a humble and inspirational leader who is comfortable leading by example;
- You should be familiar with the full stack and front-end development;
- We expect you to have good people management skills;
- While you should have a zeal for excellence, you should be very comfortable with balancing degrees of risk and business needs;
Location: Anywhere in the world
Working at NEAR: Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.