We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior writer who can deliver consistently brilliant content for one of the world’s fastest-growing layer 1 blockchains.
You’ll be confident at writing in different voices and be able to craft copy that is smart without being complicated, simple without being patronizing, and enthusiastic without being silly. Great copy doesn’t work alone, so you’ll need to be able to feed into the concepting of visual assets too.
Experience of working to tight deadlines, in an agency or equivalent environment, and a working knowledge of blockchain, cryptocurrency, and how they work are a must, along with feeling confident about interviewing people and composing longer-form articles.
You’ll be working on campaigns and projects that are global in focus, and game-changing in scope, so with the right attitude and a willingness to try new things, you’ll have the opportunity to make great work in an incredibly fast and dynamic space.
Our editorial team is a crucial part of NEAR; we bring together writers and editors from web, agency, and print across a range of genres to tell stories that matter and share ideas that will change literally everything.
- Create brilliant copy for NEAR Foundation, and key projects within the NEAR ecosystem.
- Produce content that tells a story simply but effectively.
- Feed into the concepting of visual assets
- Interpret a variety of tones of voice in order to consistently produce the best possible copy for a broad range of clients and formats
- Weekly attendance to meetings with key stakeholders to ensure we are creating the right stories for the right audiences.
- Assisting with content calendars and development.
- 2+ years writing experience across different tones of voice in either an agency or editorial setting.
- Exceptional writing skills
- A passion for and knowledge of crypto and blockchain
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest.
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities.
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas.
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all.
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective.
About the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.