NEAR Foundation is hiring a Legal Counsel, who can contribute with strong domain expertise excelling in a startup environment. Our offer is to become part of a group of high-performing pioneers at the forefront of digital technologies.
- Cooperate with the legal department on legal matters across commercial functions
- Negotiate, draft and review legal documents and commercial contracts
- Monitoring of applicable laws, regulations, and policies
- Render cross-departmental support on legal projects
- Facilitate efficient corporate legal housekeeping
- Master’s degree in law from a Swiss University or equivalent EU or USA University law degree
- Proven experience in crypto/blockchain (DLT)
- Demonstrated exposure to contract & commercial law
- At least 2-3 years’ of PQE in a law firm or as in-house legal counsel
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual's interest.
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities.
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas.
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all.
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective.
About the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.