NEAR Protocol is a developer-first blockchain that emphasizes convenience and speed of development on the NEAR platform while minimizing the entrance barrier for developers coming from the blockchain ecosystem, as well as regular web and mobile development space.
We are looking for a talented, meticulous, and productive person who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. NEAR is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
About The Role:
Near Inc (the “Company”) developed much of the NEAR Protocol, a community-run, developer-friendly 3rd-generation blockchain platform fundamental to the Web3 stack. The Company is now focusing on powering Web3 developer adoption, and its Business Operations team (“BizOps”) is looking for an associate to help give builders the fastest path to market in Web3.
Near Inc BizOps helps achieve enterprise-wide goals by ensuring tactical alignment between daily operations across all key functional areas of the organization and top-level strategic priorities. Functionally, BizOps owns critical workstreams, including finance and accounting operations, corporate governance operations, and vendor procurement and management operations. It also drives strategic initiatives deemed necessary to the growth or success of the Company as defined by C-level executives.
BizOps team members are required to think strategically, structurally, tactically, and innovatively when advising, designing, developing, and delivering its core services cross-functionally.
As a direct report to the Company’s Business Operation Manager, the Business Operations Associate will primarily support the BizOps team by carrying out each of its day-to-day functional responsibilities and sometimes creating or improving operations over time as directed.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work closely with the Business Operations Manager and provide tactical support with strategic business initiatives, plans, and procedures as directed.
- Proactively manage and improve several existing department operational processes and metrics reporting obligations in key areas, including finance, corporate governance, procurement, and ad hoc strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with multiple external professional services vendors to ensure quality and timely delivery of work.
- Partner with senior team members to implement new operational processes to facilitate business outcomes as necessary.
- Provide ad hoc cross-functional operational support to the business as required.
What We're Looking For:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking or startup operations
- Ability to work in a cross-functional role while also thinking strategically
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously
- Advanced spreadsheet modeling skills
- Google Workspace power-user
- Ability and desire to work both autonomously but also collaboratively
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes
- Comfort working in high growth, constantly changing environment
- Willingness to learn
We'd Love If You Have:
- Familiarity with blockchain, smart contracts, and other decentralized systems
- Prior remote work experience
Location: Remote US East Coast
Working at NEAR: Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.