NEAR Protocol is a developer-first blockchain that emphasizes convenience and speed of development on the NEAR platform while minimizing the entrance barrier for developers coming from the blockchain ecosystem, as well as regular web and mobile development space.
We are looking for a productive, meticulous, and empathetic person who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable with challenging technical problems, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. NEAR is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
About The Role:
We are looking for a person to work on the data platform and analytics that would connect our developer products, especially with the Developer Console. The project will require consolidating a large variety of data sources, including on-chain data coming from the web3 blockchain world, and off-chain data coming from the classic web2 stack. The data and the dashboards used to visualize it will be used by a large number of businesses in the NEAR ecosystem to make critical business decisions and as part of their development lifecycle.
You will start by working with the Developer Console team where you will help with acquiring and visualizing business-critical data. As the scope of the project grows, your team will separate into the Data Platform team that will own everything about data acquisition, processing, visualization, and analytics.
What You'll Be Doing:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Developer Console team on threading the necessary data into the Developer Console and visualizing it. Building a Data Platform into a standalone project;
Writing the code, fixing bugs, and participating in design discussions when it is necessary;
Following the minimal processes, like technical roadmaps, OKRs, milestones, regular team meetings. Participating in the company-wide on-call;
What We're Looking For:
- Technical skills in the area of data manipulation and analysis. Experience with the Apache data stack, Big Query, Map Reduce or analogous technologies;
- Focus on improving developer and user experience;
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities;
We'd Love If You Have:
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with Ethereum development and related technologies (web3.js, ethers.js, etc)
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup
Locations: Anywhere in the world.
Working at NEAR: Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.